would really appriciate some help!

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on October 10th, 2008, 1:15 pm
hi,,, Im not sure i am not breaking any rules now, coz Im new to this whole mapping stuff. But here goes.

I love this mod!  I love it so much, that I am making a map for me and my friend (not going to distribute it)  But plz let me know if this is something Im not allowed to do.

On this map, I want to add a ship, more precicely the "whale probe"  that can be found on armada2files.com

Ive managed to get the ship into the editor, but I have to remove the special weapons that comes with it, or it crashes.. and second, I dont see the actual ship. I can select it, but its completly see through.

Ive put the textures in the RGB folder, the sod´s in the, well the SOD folder. And no matter what I do, Its still completly see through.

I´ve tried rewriting the odf file to match the ones you guys have made for this mod, but I have been unsuccessfull in solving this.

Any tips??

I can add the shio to the unmodded armada2, without problems, but I really want the whale probe working with your mod because, well since playing fleet operations, there is no way going back  :lol:

/Jon
posted on October 10th, 2008, 3:09 pm
I think stock Armada2 and Fleet Ops SOD's are different.
posted on October 10th, 2008, 4:33 pm
Well I had the same thought, so I tried downloading a random ship from armada2files.com and tried to add it, the model showed up without any problems. And it still doesn´t explain why the special weapons cause the editor to crash :/
posted on October 11th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Then I would guess that the ship is the problem. The only time I got a see through ship is when something was wrong with the textures.