starting points

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on July 20th, 2009, 11:48 am
mann this is realy agrivating >:(  ill just be as plain as i can be.ALL the instructions in this forum are wrong when it comes to placing starting points.( not trying to be rude) i have followed everything in this forum to the T. the freaken controll-r menu simply will not reconize my starting points. strickly speaking about my  (z and y cordinates).
im working on a 1 on 1 map that is 50000x50000 very simple.
in the start locations tab all 8 slots read the same 25000 something.ive been at this for 10 hours now just on starting points,im tired going to bed now.someone please reply even if its to say haha.i really want this to work i love this mod.im addicted to it like eating cookies mann.lol :shifty:

oh keep in mind please i was in a severe car accident the day b4 yesterday and am on hydracodones so i might not be clear headed enough to do this but still ,will some one go over the procedure and see if the instructions in this forum are missing some small detail.
posted on July 20th, 2009, 12:33 pm
Starting points are always annoying, they often seem to work at random for me.

Once they didn't work, but when I set all playable slots to 0 resources (except 750 crew) they worked...completly random.
posted on July 20th, 2009, 5:52 pm
ok ok i kno what your talking about,ill try it for all of them then.  :) thank you  :woot:
posted on July 20th, 2009, 6:21 pm
mm well that did'nt work :ermm:
posted on July 20th, 2009, 6:22 pm
Sorry, I did say it was random. Just put a few start points down and hope for the best.
posted on July 20th, 2009, 7:15 pm
Last edited by crotchmoth on July 20th, 2009, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ok i read page 8 and page 9 in this forum on map editing.my starting points are really close to planets
let me see if thats it.brb/// nope not it.

ya know it would be so much easier to have a location
in a file some where that i can just enter the Z and X
cordinates myself.well im convinced i need to reinstall everything with the armada name in it.something is wrong somewere and i know its something simple thats what makes this whole thing frustrating.
posted on July 20th, 2009, 8:16 pm
Last edited by Zebh on July 20th, 2009, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can put the exact coordinates directly to the Camera point

(Z and Y coordinates? The Y coordinate for starting point should always be 0)
posted on July 20th, 2009, 11:06 pm
What you need to do is this:
* set up the number of players in the Ctrl-R dialog (by setting all the rest of them to "none" i think)
* Place your points down, and name them Camera_1, Camera_2, etc. (exactly like that or it won't work)
* open the Ctrl-R dialog again and check. If they don't show up still post your map on this forum i'll download it and see what i can do.
posted on July 21st, 2009, 12:46 am
Last edited by crotchmoth on July 21st, 2009, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
cool ok ill try it.gimmie some time

Well looks like im gonna upload it to the site,i have to find out where to do this but the
name of the file is crotchmoths map.the name of the map is finalfrontier.bzn  man i sure am glad there
are peeps out here who would help like you guys thx in advance for any assistance weather the results
good or bad.the starting points are supose to be in the corners by the planets the other 2 corners have worm holes.

Attachments

crotchmoths map.rar
(12.37 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
posted on July 21st, 2009, 3:13 am
Here ya go. You need to make sure that the starting points name is spelled exactly like this:
"Camera_X"
with that capitalization, replacing X with the appropriate number.
Then after doing that open the Ctrl-R dialog once or twice to get it to show the locations.

Attachments

crotchmoths map.rar
(151.48 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
posted on July 21st, 2009, 4:56 am
:D  wow it still amazes me what the power of 1 little letter can do.it worked ha im so happy now.
man thx a million for tha help man. :thumbsup:
posted on July 21st, 2009, 6:30 am
No problem. If you have any other questions, just ask!