problems with basics

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on September 12th, 2011, 12:20 am
I am having trouble getting derelict ships that I put in maps to show up in the instant action games

Also I am having troubles getting starting points to materialize.  Sometimes they work, and sometimes not.

I have looked at the guides but still don't get it.  Is there something easy I am missing?  I am just 10but I like this game!
posted on September 12th, 2011, 12:22 am
Welcome to the forum.

What team are the derelict ships set to? If they're on a playable team (like 1-4 on a 4-player map), they won't show up.
posted on September 12th, 2011, 12:26 am
You wouldn't happen to be thestarfleet kid from FF would you?

anyways, on to solutions, go int omap editor, hit Ctrl+R, go to the start locations tab, slect team 8, set the A.I. to "A.I. mission", and set its team to "team 8 fixed". then change you NPC unit to team 8,
Hit Ctrl+S, save the map

Vola, NPC works.

(note, this will reduce 8 player maps to 7 player)
posted on September 12th, 2011, 2:13 am
Styer Crisis wrote:You wouldn't happen to be thestarfleet kid from FF would you?

anyways, on to solutions, go int omap editor, hit Ctrl+R, go to the start locations tab, slect team 8, set the A.I. to "A.I. mission", and set its team to "team 8 fixed". then change you NPC unit to team 8,
Hit Ctrl+S, save the map

Vola, NPC works.

(note, this will reduce 8 player maps to 7 player)

I"m not sure.  theStarFleetKid changed his name to StarBlade. :ermm:  And he says he is 10. :D
posted on September 12th, 2011, 6:57 pm
Ten years old you say? You know that the minimum age is 13 right? Legally you can't be here unless your parents have already contacted the site owner that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's ... ection_Act

This is an American law, however, the Federal Trade Commission has made it clear that the requirements of COPPA will apply to foreign-operated web sites if such sites "are directed to children in the U.S. or knowingly collect information from children in the U.S."[9] Other countries like Australia have made similar laws protecting children under 13 online.

That applies here even though this is a German based site.

Just an FYI.
posted on September 12th, 2011, 7:04 pm
firstly the us federal trade commission can make as much noise as they want, they still cant apply us laws to sites based in other countries. attempts by cheap lawyers to apply us anti piracy laws (eg dmca) to non us websites have all failed miserably.

secondly even if they could apply us laws outside the us, this act (coppa) only applies to people under us jurisdiction, the profile of the op on this site doesnt mention that they are from such a location. they could be from thailand, or kenya etc.
posted on September 12th, 2011, 9:43 pm
086gf wrote:Ten years old you say? You know that the minimum age is 13 right? Legally you can't be here unless your parents have already contacted the site owner that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's ... ection_Act

That applies here even though this is a German based site.

Just an FYI.

Man, leave the kid alone.  If he wants to be here he has just as much right to as you do.  I applaud him for starting out as young as he is.  Are you actually trying to turn away new members or what?

Besides, I don't think that fleetops is "directed to children in the U.S. or knowingly collect[s ] information from children in the U.S."  that law is designed for sites which collect data on users, such as facebook, or other web sites like it.
posted on September 14th, 2011, 4:42 am
He rights complete sentences and doesn't use txt speech hes probably not 10 :p
posted on September 14th, 2011, 2:31 pm
:lol:  That's true. 
posted on September 23rd, 2011, 7:50 am
Myles wrote:firstly the us federal trade commission can make as much noise as they want, they still cant apply us laws to sites based in other countries. attempts by cheap lawyers to apply us anti piracy laws (eg dmca) to non us websites have all failed miserably hilariously.

fixed