Not enough Nebulas.

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on May 18th, 2009, 2:13 am
Would be good if more Nebula's are added, and different types of asteroids, meteors etc..

the fluid nebula is so ugly compared to the rest, could someone retouch it or make it something different? It looks rubbish!
posted on May 18th, 2009, 5:45 am
A map stuff redo is coming soon, or so i'm told. And whats wrong with the fluid nebula? it looks positively fantastic! (of course, i liked the stock armada II nebulas, so....)
posted on May 18th, 2009, 12:20 pm
well its ugly compared to the other nebula's, its this green.. thing.. looks like snot! I feel revolted to use it in my mapping.

And there is no species 8472 so why put it there? I'm sure there are other nebulas with regenerative effects in Trek.
posted on May 18th, 2009, 2:02 pm
Because they is more than just gas in space?
posted on May 18th, 2009, 3:05 pm
Not wanting to sound too pedantic but the green nebula is the Crystallid nebula. The Fluid nebula is blue. With that cleared up, I do agree that the Crystallid nebula is quite ugly. As a result, I seldom use it alone but I do sometimes have it in combination with the Nucleon nebula (that combo does look quite good)

I do think it'd be cool to see more variation in the map objects department and would please me greatly if added :).
posted on June 4th, 2009, 12:55 pm
I thought that some of the nebulas in the STA2 Midnight Universe mod looked cool! Could we put some of those in? A lot of them nebulas looked like nebulas I've seen in real photos of our outer space B) . Plus we could aslo capture some ideas from them planets and moons used in there. They look... very high quality
posted on June 4th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Those do look pretty good. Especially the planets and moons, but i have never really found a nebula that quite matches up to the quality of the fleetops ones. However if i have some time later i might try and whip up some replacement crystallid nebula textures!
posted on June 5th, 2009, 1:36 pm
Oh, I also wanted to know, are we going to have a different way how to lay down nebulas? For example:

Take the 'nebula tool', you draw the exact shape and size of the nebula, you put in a default cfg nebula in the border to trigger it (the border must be cloased). That applies the sprite, additional nebulas will make a mix (not a stack a mix! which means various parts will look different and it mixes together). You can also go into the properties fo the place holder to change the nebula affect properties (becuase it is a custom nebula), and you can give it a name and its own tool tip!  :D
posted on June 5th, 2009, 1:44 pm
A nebula that is completely customizable within the map editor itself would be cool.  Place a generic placeholder nebula, enter a custom name, choose a color scheme, choose any and all effects, apply and there you go.