New to Mapping

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on July 10th, 2007, 3:44 am
Okay, I have created a map.  I set start points via the Camera_X method.  Here are my problems.

1. When I go to select the map, it shows as 8 players and not 4.
2. Once selected, the map shows up black and only has one point for a player in the center.  Of course I set the map to not be hidden.

So, help please!
posted on July 10th, 2007, 5:45 am
Concerning the number of available player slots, try to check the menu you can enter by using Ctrl+R in the map editor. On the right side you determine how many players should be available. This number is indeed not linked to the number of starting points. Don't know why's that. After you set slot 5 to 8 to "empty" (or what it is called) you will get a 4-player-map.
Maybe number 2 is solved after that, too.

Hope, it helped. Good luck and enjoy map-making!  :thumbsup:
posted on July 10th, 2007, 8:03 am
It fixed the starting points.  To get the image working I had to create an bitmap that is 160x160 and throw it in the area folder with the same filename as the area itself.

Thanks for the help.
posted on July 10th, 2007, 9:24 am
Okay, here is the finished product.  I am looking for some constructive criticism.  After I am comfortable with it I will investigate where to submit it officially.

Thanks!

Attachments

4green.zip
(45.76 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
posted on July 12th, 2007, 8:40 pm
erm.... this map is for stock A2, isnt it? Or did you just throw an stock a2 image onto a fo map?
posted on July 13th, 2007, 11:04 am
Doh!  I forgot to mention it is for stock A2.  Sorry.  If there was an A2 map area, I would have posted it there.