My map lost =(

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on December 19th, 2009, 1:28 am
Ok well I was just makin a map and well I went to save it in the bzn folder where maps go and it said: You do not have permission to save in this location.
So I saved the file in a dif folder and when I left the game and stuff thinkin it was saved it wasnt there.
posted on December 19th, 2009, 5:02 am
Sorry to hear that :( . Hopefully you at least have a paper and pen version so that you can recreate your work :)
posted on December 19th, 2009, 9:39 am
that sounds to me like you have vista/7 with uac enabled. then the file got saved - in another folder.
you *should* find you saved file by pressing win+r (the windows key + R key on your keyboard together). the "Run" dialog should come up. Type (or copy and paste) %localappdata%virtualstore in that field and press ok. now you should see a directory tree with some folders you should recognize from your hard drive. this is the 'virtual' drive uac relocates files to in case you aren't usually supposed to save there. if uac is really enabled you should be able to find your map there also.
posted on December 19th, 2009, 8:40 pm
Ill remake it and when Im finished with it Ill put it up for people to use it =) this was my first map too but itll be done with in this weekend
posted on December 19th, 2009, 10:45 pm
G3, I highly suggest that if you are not an admin, that the fltops directory that you are mapping with does not require admin privledges to save stuff in there. This can help especially in both mapping and modding.
posted on December 20th, 2009, 3:38 pm
Agreed gamer :P
posted on December 20th, 2009, 11:10 pm
Well now when I goto make a map I try to change the size of the map and when it reloads its still the size it was before
posted on December 22nd, 2009, 6:25 pm
Yes I have encountered this problem before. What you need to do is "Run as Administrator" :D
posted on December 22nd, 2009, 7:36 pm
Thanks Ill give it a try