Mini map problems

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on October 16th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Good evening. Wondering if anyone can help. I used to make maps for Armada 1. Just made my first Fleet Ops map. The map worked fine. Not the best map in the world, but you can play on it.
So I tried to create a mini map .png image for it, and thought I'd succeeded. Unfortunately, when I tried to play the map after that i kept being told that the 'file header was invalid' and the application, (FO), had to be closed.
Anyone out there know what silly thing I have done wrong.

Thank you.

Paxillus (AdmiralDaws)

p.s: I used 'paint' to crop the mini map image out of my map screen shot. Resized it to 160 by 160. Then when saving, I changed the .bmp extension to .png and copied it to the bzn folder in Fleet Ops. <-----was this the silly thing i did?
posted on October 16th, 2012, 6:15 pm
Sounds like you had some invalid keystrokes in your name - it is hard to know for sure without knowing what map name you chose however :sweatdrop:

The way you made the minimap should work fine: there is also a second way for Fleet Ops: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/maps/ma ... tic-System
posted on October 16th, 2012, 6:32 pm
PETEandDawsy is the file name. Made it as a test. With playing my friend Pete in mind. Cheers for the link, checking it out now.