How to convert maps to FO 3.1.0 from earlier versions.

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
1, 2
posted on January 16th, 2010, 6:03 am
Erm I'm not sure what you mean by Sods and ODF's when it comes to maps ... if your maps contain derelicts or other map objects not part of FleetOps 3.1 then you will be HARD pressed to actually manage a manual transfer of your SODS and textures and such to align with the converted map.  I realize that's wordy ... but if your map had lots of "non-fleetops" stuff on it before 3.1, then I can see the only way of making it feasible for 3.1 would be to re-install 3.0.7, take those things off the map, save it, convert it, install 3.1 and make sure the map works.  Then mod your new things into 3.1 and add them to your map.

I don't think you'll manage to do a straight convert ...  It's just too complicated with too many variables.  Your life will become infested with crashes upon crashes.
posted on January 16th, 2010, 9:43 am
Blade wrote:ok my a2 maps keep crashing i've got all the sprites, sods, textures, odfs and relevant map files copied over but still no luck

hard to say why this occurs to you. if you really have all the stuff converted into fleet operations, you can send me a crash report (change the subject accordingly) via email and i will try to see if i can help you
posted on January 17th, 2010, 2:01 am
ok thx welll i have got all the files copied over gonna check now to see if it could be the odf coding
posted on January 20th, 2010, 1:18 am
A2 maps working (forgot to add the nebula.spr sprite file lol)
1, 2