FFA Map In Progress

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
1, 2
posted on May 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
What is FFA in two separated 1v1s? Nothing, exactly! FFA sucks believe it.
posted on May 21st, 2011, 8:07 pm
Something like Tau Ceti 1.3 (4 players) without the wormholes and with the first matchups closer together wouldn't be too bad.  Another one would be Argus conflict without the center places and a few less moons.  You could do something like Star Traffic, but just make it either taller or wider so that there's some space in between the two groups. :blush:

And drrrrrr, stop being so cranky just because you lost frigate spam. :P
posted on May 21st, 2011, 10:54 pm
I've posted this idea in the Online Gaming section of the forums.
posted on May 22nd, 2011, 12:41 pm
I really like the ideas suggested here, certainly worth exploring mate. It would be great to see some quality maps using this concept.

Drrrrrr wrote:What is FFA in two separated 1v1s? Nothing, exactly! FFA sucks believe it.

Very mature, and I suppose a particular faction or mod just sucks cause you don't like that either?  :rolleyes:
posted on May 22nd, 2011, 3:14 pm
Just ignore Drrrrrr.
posted on May 23rd, 2011, 9:21 am
I like the ideas you've presented here a great deal. As to the no turtling thing, would it be possible to create a techtree file specifically for this map which disabled everyone's ability to build turrets? Stock A2 lets one do this so I suppose FO should as well.
posted on May 23rd, 2011, 7:54 pm
Turtling shouldn't be too bad so long as there aren't too many moons.  You should have two moon pairs, and MAYBE a third to fight over, and no more.  Every race has a way to break turtling and take out turrets from range, so it's all good. ^-^
posted on May 23rd, 2011, 8:01 pm
In Fleet Operations, turrets work best if they are backed by a small group of ships.
posted on May 24th, 2011, 2:10 am
I see. Thanks for the info. Years ago I toyed with the idea of doing "set piece" battles for online multi but I never could get the techtrees to work just right.
1, 2