Error Deleting File

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on September 8th, 2011, 5:54 am
So I am trying to make a map, and wanted to get rid of some old stuff I didn't need, and I get... "error deleting file" is that indicative that something has gone corrupt? because I've had some other issues in the maps, where things wont do what I want.
posted on September 9th, 2011, 3:40 am
Last edited by Atlantisbase on September 9th, 2011, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
What are you trying to delete?
How are you trying to delete it?
Where are you trying to delete it from?
What's your OS?

It's all in the details.
posted on September 9th, 2011, 10:02 am
that error occurs if for some reason a map cannot be moved to the recycle bin. on systems like vista or 7 where by default you have no write access on program folder files this may happen. newer versions of fleet operations save maps to your user directory.
you could manually try to delete the remains of your map by looking into databzn and/or your user map folder

You can find your user maps folder under XP
C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataStar Trek Armada II Fleet Operationsbzn
or Vista/7
C:UsersAppDataRoamingStar Trek Armada II Fleet Operationsbzn

note that these folders may be hidden in the default configuration of Windows.

this folder can also be reached by Start->Run and copy&paste the following:
[font=Courier New]%APPDATA%Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operationsbzn[/font]
posted on September 9th, 2011, 3:13 pm
I am using Windows XP, and deleting from the user directory, old versions of a map I was making, I saved alternate versions in case something went haywire, and I needed to "rollback" so to speak.  It does manually delete them, though, but I was just wondering about this, because my blank "place holder" I have started (that's just an empty field with nthing on it) does delete through the "delete map" button.  No biggie, I guess.