Compatability of maps

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on June 12th, 2009, 2:21 am
Is there any way  for when a map is posted to include  what version it was made for.I have down loaded a few  that don't work .I know It may be that I am right now running 3.0.5 right now. I won't be  a while ,a  month  or so till I can download the  newest version .(Crappy Internet  download speeds).I have also down loaded some maps from Older sections of the map  board and they crash too. So a  short  Descripter of what  version of Fleet Ops.  the map was made for would be  a welcome addition to the info the  post has. Just my .02 cents :thumbsup:
posted on June 12th, 2009, 1:54 pm
My recommendation is:

1] Upgrade to the Newest version, all maps posted after 6/1/09 are for 3.07.

2] Remember that most 3.06 maps are forward compatible to 3.07

3] Keep updated with the patches, each passing day without being up to date makes Multiplayer much harder and more days missing out on the new material.
posted on June 12th, 2009, 7:14 pm
1337_64M3R
1337_64M3R wrote:My recommendation is:

1] Upgrade to the Newest version, all maps posted after 6/1/09 are for 3.07.

2] Remember that most 3.06 maps are forward compatible to 3.07

3] Keep updated with the patches, each passing day without being up to date makes Multiplayer much harder and more days missing out on the new material.
1337_64M3R  well you probilly did not read the third line in my post carefully . Right now I'de love to down load the newest F.O  version . But I  am  very severely limited as to download speed (24KBS). So your first option is out.  I reply to  your Item (2) Well there a lot of  older maps that I like  that need to be updated.  Item # (3)  Multi player I  refer to Item one of you post  and to  3rd line one of mine.  Item (3A) Kind of hard to do if  you internet is  Severely limited (Refer to  first part of my post Crappy internet connection ,  At 24 KBS It will take 29 hours to download ver 3.0.6 . So at the present time  that is not  a option. The dialup  connection that I have resets after 6 hours, loseing everything downloaded 
posted on June 16th, 2009, 10:39 pm
I have a question also. I made a map in V3.06 but now it doesnt work in V3.07, it always crashes when i try to load it in map editor. Is there any way to make it compatible with the newest version or do I have to redo the map?
posted on June 17th, 2009, 9:17 am
hm, such changes should only occur if you placed vessels on the map. you could try removing the vessels first before loading it in 307