About Wormholes

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
1, 2
posted on September 19th, 2010, 4:49 pm
Last edited by Zebh on September 19th, 2010, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some cool features that are possible with wormholes and would be cool to see in use:
  • One time usable wormholes
  • Linking wormholes to a unit
  • Player specific wormholes
  • One-way wormholes
  • Having multiple entry wormholes for a single exit wormhole

I would imagine these features aren't very well-known, as I don't recall any maps using any of those.

Check the Guide for more details.
posted on September 19th, 2010, 4:53 pm
are all these tested and working.

and wormholes oos now
posted on September 19th, 2010, 4:57 pm
There shouldn't be any issues with these.

I am quite certain that the OOS problem will be fixed in a future patch.
posted on September 19th, 2010, 5:00 pm
cool :D

i like the idea of one time use holes. that way sending a scout out to use it and collapse it can be tactically sound.
posted on September 19th, 2010, 5:07 pm
Indeed :) . Also you might imagine that you can pen up AIs using wormholes that don't allow it to go through etc :) .
posted on September 19th, 2010, 5:37 pm
I am most excited by the "one way Wormhole idea" :D
posted on September 19th, 2010, 6:18 pm
the vultures are circling :lol:
posted on September 19th, 2010, 6:44 pm
I've never played that much with wormholes.  I usually just build them, and let them go.  Although I have built a map with a dozen or so wormholes and you never know where you'll end up.  It could be fun if it werent for those out-of-sync errors.  The stock A2 doesn't have those errors.
posted on September 19th, 2010, 6:56 pm
A one-way wormhole doesn't sound that practical, but I like the other ideas, will they work (or are they) in Star Trek Armada II like that or just Fleet Ops?
posted on September 19th, 2010, 7:01 pm
The are in AII Vanilla as well :)
posted on September 19th, 2010, 7:47 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:The are in AII Vanilla as well :)

Ok, thank you. How do I set the wormholes to have those extra settings and to all that? Is it the standard wormhole or is there some modding required or just an edit in the Map Editor?
posted on September 19th, 2010, 10:05 pm
You can have all sorts of fun with wormholes.  Making for some interesting games.
posted on September 19th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Well first the oss issues need to be fixed, but it would be nice to see wormholes in the future, as long as they are put on maps in such away where you cant do the whole put 1000 turrets around the wormhole
posted on September 19th, 2010, 10:49 pm
When fully opened, the wormhole takes about 1 grid by 1 grid.  And you can put turrets around them.  Anything that goes through the wormhole will be vaporized before they get a chance to open fire.
1, 2