Andromeda UPDATE (3v3)

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on May 17th, 2010, 3:27 am
Last edited by funnystuffpictures on May 17th, 2010, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Starfleet has discovered a gateway to the Milkyway's nearest neighbor M31 left over from an unknown alien race. Believed to be Iconian in origin, it acts as a transdimentional gateway transporting vast fleets of starships from one galaxy to another. Your task force was sent to investigate the gate when it suddenly activated prematurely and transported your fleet over 2,500,000 light years into the distant galaxy of Andromeda. All life in M31 was exterminated thousands of years before by Thaleron radiation that leaked from a star before it went supernova. However, you are not alone. Other races from our galaxy have had similar encounters with similar devices and have suffered the same fate as you with this ancient device. Some have been trapped for decades and have come to know existence in this lifeless place. On the other side of Andromeda lies the secret way home. But beware of the massive enemy base that lies right before this glorious prize. Your current mission is to survive at all costs. You must eliminate all other enemies or form alliances in order to reach the gateway home. Best of luck to your task force.

Map Dimensions:
21000x21000

Moons:

Teams:
3v3, or 2v2

Anomalies:
1  Crystalid Nebula in the center
4 Wormholes

Author:
Funnystuffpictures

This map was partially inspired by The Final Frontier II by [glow=green,2,300]Boggz[/glow], but also took many twists and turns (pun intended :lol:)into becoming something unique. I tried to avoid "bottlenecking" and added several different places to get through in the asteriod field, including the center. The moons are kind of far from your base so be sure to pinpoint their locations before you play. I have only tested this map against the ai and it seems to work fine, but more testing is required. I could use some feedback on what you think or if there are any errors that I missed. Now go out and fight for the prize of Andromic Domination!  :thumbsup:

Update:

Fixed the lighting and the wormholes didn't work properly. If you could delete the old one that would be great

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Andromeda_v2.txt
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 951 times
posted on May 17th, 2010, 4:16 am
that looks cool ill have to try it sometime.
posted on May 17th, 2010, 5:00 am
very cool map
posted on May 17th, 2010, 5:02 am
map is too complex for my small IQ
posted on May 17th, 2010, 6:47 am
Wow, Funny.  This map is GORGEOUS.

I'll just go ahead and give you a round of applause for originality and hard-work right now!

*clap clap clap* :)

Can't wait to try this shit out in game!!!
posted on May 17th, 2010, 12:36 pm
Cooooool  :thumbsup:
posted on May 17th, 2010, 1:45 pm
Ah thanks guys!  :woot: Any bugs that I missed?
posted on May 17th, 2010, 3:44 pm
Updated. Found a few errors.
posted on May 17th, 2010, 4:16 pm
Beautiful map :)
posted on July 17th, 2010, 5:54 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on July 17th, 2010, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some slight suggestions, equalizing the distance between moon pairs and the start points - for instance, bottom left can cover starting moons with starbase, and most other start points cannot. Likewise, top right position is squashed to the top of the map, and ships can barely move around the base (they have to wiggle for a while to make it past). Also makes it next to impossible to build structures there :)

EDIT: made error
posted on July 17th, 2010, 6:14 pm
Well thats how I countered the wormhole thats soo close to the top left and that one less moon pair  :thumbsup:
posted on September 15th, 2013, 8:37 pm
does anyone have this map or where i can get it from?
posted on September 16th, 2013, 3:38 am
like the previous post, can only download txt file.
posted on December 21st, 2017, 4:51 pm
Found it in my maps, think it's the right version. Reuploading for anyone who still wants it.

Attachments

Andromeda_v2.7z
(87.16 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
posted on October 8th, 2018, 8:31 pm
Thanks _zap_!!!