the keeper's maps

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on November 25th, 2011, 6:34 pm
Last edited by the keeper on November 25th, 2011, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I made a couple of maps, they are still beta's but im not sure how to improve them as im not an expierienced player and never play online. So any advice is greatly apriciated.

trio 1vs1 (15.000x15.000):
I made this map as responce to a public request from Yandonman for a 3 player equivalent of DuelII but then in stead of player 3 a wormhole to the center. therefor the strong resemblence to DuelII made by Boggz.

trio (15.000x15.000):
When making trio 1vs1 this map was a logical step along the way, a 3 player free for all map.

hexagon (20.000x20.000):
this is the 2vs2vs2 version of trio which is also more or less playable as free for all.
I'm not happy with this one tho so i'm thinking of scrapping it.

hunter or hunted (17.000x17.000):
This is a 4 player map playable as free for al or with 2 teams. fixed starting positions are not necesary but would influance the team tactics.
the wormholes are 1 way to the midle and can only be used by the player with the coresponding starting position.
the sections are devided by asteroids, nebulas and npc base. i chose 1 nebula in favor of shield races, then 1 in favor of borg, the npc base is in favor of cloacking races at the start of the game. and the midle with a hiding nebula as free for all.
the problem i found tho is that the ai just flies straight through the npc bases in stead of throuugh the middle:(

Attachments

Trio 1vs1.png
trio 1vs1.rar
(53.41 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Trio.png
trio.rar
(52.74 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
hexagon.png
hexagon.rar
(49.07 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
hunter or hunted.png
hunter or hunted.rar
(42.47 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
posted on November 25th, 2011, 7:42 pm
They look good, if I get a chance I'll help test some of them.

It looks like they all have one problem in common: the chokepoints may be too narrow, favoring turret-building races.  Other than that they layout looks good and the nebula positions are surprisingly fair, although they might be too accessible.  Even a fully-enterable small green nebula can have strange effects on game balance.

Keep up the good work!  I want to see revised versions coming out as soon as you can get feedback from the community  :thumbsup:
posted on November 25th, 2011, 8:35 pm
I'll try these out. Also, removing the trapizoid on the minimap helps with presentation.;)
posted on November 25th, 2011, 11:05 pm
yeah actualy didn't notice the trapizoids lol thanks for the pointer
posted on November 27th, 2011, 1:02 am
I have played parts of 2 games on "hunter or hunted".  I like the concept. My biggest concern comes from the way units move around the map. I lost several ships due to their moving through a decloaking nebula and then the NPC base.  Overall I think there are a few too many nebulae.  My 2 cents. Thanks for the map. Keep at it. :thumbsup: