Star Traffic - [4 Players]

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on March 6th, 2010, 5:32 am
Last edited by Boggz on March 10th, 2010, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EDIT:  Fixed a starting place error.  (March 10, 2010)

Ahhhh I should be working on a script I'm doing with friends ... but instead I'm pouring my creativity into FleetOps maps instead ... I should be shot :D.

Star Traffic:

Players:  4
Arrangement:  2 vs 2 (optimal) OR 1 vs 1 (if you feel like being crazy :D)
Dimensions:  14000 x 14000 (Small-Medium)
Moons:  1 full exp per player +1 extra pair per side.
Nebulae:  2 "Wedges" of Green filled with Red (So you can't cross through :lol:).
Wormholes: None.

HISTORY and PURPOSE:

People have been playing Sutee and My maps for 3 v 3's quite a bit lately as they are a bit larger than the stock maps (and work quite well with the current speed changes I might say), but I've noticed that we've had a hard time deciding what to play when doing 2 v 2 matches.  My own map "This is No Cave!" seems to be a little too cramped for people's taste, so I thought I'd make another 2 v 2 that felt a bit more open, but keeps the ability to take "team sides" and attack from several positions.

Now I'm guessing that a number of you are going to say "Hey wait!  There's not enough room to build!!!!  Well you're wrong.  There is plenty of room.  You just won't be able to protect everything using your Starbase as we always do.  Not all factions have the advantage of sexy long range ships early game like Excel I's or Rhienns (looks at Klingons and Dominion :rolleyes:) and therefore have to be able to harass miners.

About the Nebulae:  I hate having to leave out the Mutara's and the Super-Blue's, but especially on a small map they just make life MISERABLE for anyone fighting Borg as well as anyone who feels like camping and firing out of it.  The same can sometimes be said about Green Nebs.  Thus the Green Nebula "wedges" that we have here are filled with Reds, so that entire fleets cannot jump inside and go "HAHHAAH LET'S SEE YOU KILL MY EXCEL 2'S NOW, BITCH!!!!!! ROFLOMGLOLLICOPTERLOLOLOLOLO!!!!" ...

Ahem .. this means that you can always retreat through them, gaining a slight shield regen briefly and then plowing through the red to the other side to escape.

Anyway ... the map is a little oblong, but is not meant for long and protracted battles.  My guess is that the game should be nearing a decisive end right around the time Battleships are coming around.  Of course if you're playing Dom you'll only ever see his Cruisers :badgrin: because you'll lose before he needs Bships :D.  Or maybe NOT ... who knows ....  :thumbsup:

Again I really wanted to add a fun NPC station without sihelds to the center that would repair anyone's ships who was able to keep crew on it, but apparently that's not possible at the center, so there you have it.

Enjoy!

Love,

Boggzy Buggzy

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Star Traffic.rar
(53.34 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
posted on March 6th, 2010, 6:46 am
Looks awsome, I hope we get to test it soon  :thumbsup:
posted on March 6th, 2010, 1:40 pm
Cool map! check your pm :D
posted on March 6th, 2010, 2:44 pm