Real Space v1.0

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on October 6th, 2008, 8:07 am
Last edited by Prowannabe on October 7th, 2008, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey everyone, this is a map I made in the V3 Beta map editor, I haven't been able to find out how to create a bmp of it so it has no pic yet but hopefully going to get one soon.  The map is huge 50k by 50k and is designed more towards strategic combat like taking and holding systems and different vital areas.  If there are any problems which I hope there aren't just send me a message here.  I don't know much if really anything about making maps.  I hope you like it, this map came from my idea on future map style for armada to make it seem more realistic.  There are a bunch of "solar systems" each has planets and each planet has moons, at this time each planet has 2 moons so it has a lot of resources so...you can make a lot of ships.  Try it out and see if you like it.  It shouldn't crash or slow down, at least for me, I've tried it out many times with hundreds of ships on it with 3 other AI's and went flawless everytime.
posted on October 6th, 2008, 11:49 am
Nice. Several Planets with their own moons.

To make a bmp of the map:
1. Go into the map editor
2. Take a screenshot
3. Take the minimap from the screenshot (I use MSPaint)
4. Resize it to the same dimentions as the other map bmps
5. Save it with the same file name as the other 2 files
posted on October 6th, 2008, 12:37 pm
or: switch resolution to 800x600x16 and save the map again. then the preview image should be generated by armada automatically...i hope that i can fix that in the future so it works with every version...
posted on October 6th, 2008, 5:01 pm
Last edited by Prowannabe on October 7th, 2008, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet, thanks for the help.  :)
And now you can select which starting area you want to be at!!!  :thumbsup:  Great, fix one thing, it fixes two things.  :woot:
Heres the bmp now.  Have a lot of fun.
O, and this map is HUGE turn up the game speed or you may be playing this for a couple days.
I'm going to modify this map in time so its more in tune for strategy, right now if you take 4 systems you have so many resources.  Im going to increase the variability of the map for resources and create choke points and modify the number of systems.  Actually going to do that sometime tonight so get ready for a new improved version.  :D