Maps by 086gf

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on October 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm
Here is the first mappack of five maps that I have created called the Unlimited Resources Collection. These maps are the "just for fun" type of maps for when you or you and one/some of your friends just want to fill the minimap with fleets of ships and just sitting back and watching the glorious lightshow. These maps are therefore devoid of resource moons. Each of the maps have a different look and feel to them. All five maps have eight starting locations but using all of them for some of the maps arn't advisable(explained further below) they are just extra options.

First Map Name: Unlimited Resources - Very Small
Size: 5k x 5k
Notes: Having eight teams is just asking for it... you would practically be building inside your neighbors base. Having a 3v3 wouldn't be a good idea either. When playing use the four corner locations or the four on the sides only.

Second Map Name: Unlimited Resources - Small
Size: 10k x 10k
Notes: Using all eight locations isn't a good idea though a 3v3 would work if you keep your bases and fleets smaller than on the larger maps.

Third Map Name: Unlimited Resources - Medium
Size: 20k x 20k
Notes: After 15-20 minutes the eight bases will feel somewhat close together. Avoid the center and the four surronding areas at all costs!

Fourth Map Name: Unlimited Resources - Large
Size: 35k x 35k
Notes: All eight locations can be used without running out of space. Again avoid the center of the map and the four surronding areas at all costs!

Fifth Map Name: Unlimited Resources - Very Large
Size: 50k x 50k
Notes: Again all eight locations can be used without worrying about space...just lag lol. Lots of iceteroids are present.

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Unlimited Resources Collection.rar
(159.13 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
posted on December 15th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Now also featured on Astrometrics :D. It will be shortly anyhow!
posted on December 17th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Indeed they are.  :borg:

Wiki - A2-FO Astrometrics
posted on December 17th, 2010, 7:01 pm
Those maps favor the Borg bigtime.  Just shoot out a tactical cube as your first ship and you'll destroy everyone before anyone can put up sufficient resistance!
posted on January 6th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Here is a preview of the next map pack im working on.

The Long Road(large 2 player/3 moon pairs)
Tight Situation(small 2 player/2 moon pairs)
Close Quarters(small 4 player/2 moon pairs)
The Maze(medium-large 4 player/4 moon pairs)

The FO versions ofcourse will be setup differently then my original A2 versions.

Attachments

posted on January 7th, 2011, 6:51 pm
pm me when you need that hosting :)
posted on January 7th, 2011, 7:08 pm
Its going to be a week or two from now. Still got two maps to build and tweak the first two and have someone to help me with balancing.
posted on February 20th, 2012, 8:00 pm
I've had these done for a while just kept putting it off but here is two more maps from me(mentioned above) that I converted over from stock A2. The first is Tight Situation which is a really small and fun two player map with a standard expansion pair. The second is called Close Quarters. It is a small fun four player map with the expansion for each surrounding the central nebula. Both maps are really good for ai practice or for those who like short online games. Give me all the feedback you can please.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Tight and Close.rar
(53.56 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
posted on February 20th, 2012, 9:39 pm
Wow, those are small maps.  There are a few broken bits on Tight and Close, for example the bottom left Tri moon is too close to the edge of the map and can't be mined from.

Still, they've gotten me thinking.  I love small maps when they're balanced, but it's so incredibly hard to balance them with things like Fed platform rushes  :pinch:
posted on February 24th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Alright i'll take a look at that when I can.