Map Alpha Alpha

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on September 23rd, 2009, 7:14 am
Last edited by Baleful on September 23rd, 2009, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
:D  guess i'm not so dumb after all.

this is my first attempt at a map so please try it out and tell me how good or bad it is.

i'm tired of playing 2 other people online and it seems like there are only 2 or 3 standard maps to choose from.  I know a few people out there have made there own, like the number guy (leet gamer)  and while  I   like them, some people seem to not care for AI players.

i wont bore you with the details of my map, you are all smart, i'm sure you all will figure it out

enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

alphaalpha.txt
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

posted on September 23rd, 2009, 5:04 pm
Good start... keep trying and keep asking for people's opinions, the more feedback the better. :D
posted on September 23rd, 2009, 10:53 pm
Nice Map!

Here some ideas to make it better:

- Put the startingplace moons a little bit away from starting point, so that the AI has more room to expand.
- The Wormholes are too easy to defend.
- Make it look like real space....add some more asteroids etc....
posted on September 24th, 2009, 10:05 pm
Antares wrote:- Put the startingplace moons a little bit away from starting point, so that the AI has more room to expand.

i thought about that, but i was torn between spacing them out so you can get a mining station and a dominion supply station to fit between them, and haveing them close enough the starbase to counter the SFC warp-in / miner killer tactic.

Antares wrote:- The Wormholes are too easy to defend.

maybe, but it will take you a while to get there and set that up,  plus,  there are other ways to get where your going  :shifty:

Thank you for all your comments, keep them coming,  good or bad, i'm all ears  :D
posted on September 25th, 2009, 1:07 am
While i agree with Antares on some points, the moons pairs seem ok.

not to sure about the worm holes.

But i do agree that it needs some cosmetic effects, some asteroids, mabye some more nebula...

If you want to, download Dead Space from my "Snaps maps" thread. It has plenty of cosmetic stuff in it.

Good start though keep it up :D
posted on September 25th, 2009, 1:00 pm
May I make a suggestion... one map I made had the starter moons quite a distance from the starting point (about a 4-7 min fly for the constructor). Plus also derelicts are something that people like. Especially derelict constructers (giving the availability of mixed tech). :thumbsup:

Plus, you want a rather good size map for the quantity of players. Small maps are not that balanced taking about advantages vs disadvantages.
posted on September 25th, 2009, 5:23 pm
thank you all for taking the time to throw me some feedback.

again,  1st map attempt,  i thought it was too big 30k x 30k, i tried shrinking it AFTER the fact to a 20k x 20k  but it din't seem to like that, except for the map description.

i wasn't sure about decoration, i wanted to get it out there and make sure it worked good before tweeking. (cough  Alpha Beta)

it seems to me that some real players dont like mixed tech,  i do, wasn't sure where to put the constructors.  i figured i'd start with the shipyards and go from there.
i was also thinking about putting in that unity station, and seeing IF i could increasing the sensors to show you the whole map.  (what is the point of the unity station anyways?  anyone know?)

anyways,  thank you the 6 of you who have downloaded it and tried it out.
please keep those comments comming  :D
posted on September 26th, 2009, 7:22 am
For a map that size 30X30 is a tad big imo, try 20X20.

As for Unity Station. I think it was in Starfleet Command 3 as a joint Klingon-Federation Project to help "strengthen ties". Well STO has shot that one down in flames  :sweatdrop: