Large Void (3.12)

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
1, 2
posted on May 12th, 2010, 1:47 pm
This is simply a new map that applies all the criticism I keep getting. If this doesn't make Boggy happy with my maps, I dunno what will. :P

Attachments

void.zip
(18.75 KiB) Downloaded 367 times

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

posted on May 12th, 2010, 3:28 pm
Excellent work!  :thumbsup:  :lol:
posted on May 12th, 2010, 4:18 pm
Moon pairs at the staring points are too close together... ;)
posted on May 12th, 2010, 4:32 pm
Is that assumed by the bmp or actual play? because I did make sure there was sufficient space between the starting point and the moons.
posted on June 7th, 2010, 3:47 pm
1337_64M3R wrote:Is that assumed by the bmp or actual play? because I did make sure there was sufficient space between the starting point and the moons.

If you're going to question criticism, why bother asking for it? Why do you think I think the starting moon pairs are too close together?
posted on June 7th, 2010, 3:56 pm
XD Never mind.... just tell me your opinions and I'll accept it. Sheesh, I just wanted a bit more elaboration. :innocent:
posted on June 7th, 2010, 4:14 pm
Can I just ask what the point of this map is?
That's not like sarcastic, what is its actual function...  ^-^
posted on June 7th, 2010, 4:25 pm
It is a FFA/2v2 map. But if you like being adventurous, it can be fun on a 3v1 mode too. ;)
posted on June 7th, 2010, 4:31 pm
sorry to be negative but the bmp u posted has nothing in it. just moons. seems kinda dull. no nebs to use, not asteroids to force different paths etc.
posted on June 7th, 2010, 4:33 pm
Actually, there is faint nebulas if you look at it closely. It may be hard to see since I darkened the BMP a bit. :sweatdrop:
posted on June 7th, 2010, 4:34 pm
ahh ok. how large is the map? if those faint dots are nebulae then this would be a huge map, meaning its just gonna be a tech race to top of tree.
posted on June 7th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Its a 40k.
posted on June 7th, 2010, 4:52 pm
myleswolfers wrote:sorry to be negative but the bmp u posted has nothing in it. just moons. seems kinda dull. no nebs to use, not asteroids to force different paths etc.

I believe that is the point of "Void" type maps...
posted on June 7th, 2010, 5:39 pm
true, which makes it kinda boring in my opinion. so much space, and the only parts of it i will go to are moons and a straight line to enemy bases.
posted on June 7th, 2010, 6:07 pm
As a 2v2 (4 player map) at 40K x 40K, this map almost completely prevents raiding or any sort of early game fleet engagement. That means (my perception) that there will be 30-60 mins of teching up, followed by large fleet engagements, followed by 20-30 mins of trying to scoure the map for the remains.

From a replay/commentator perspective, I need action in the first 5-7 minutes of the game in order to be entertaining.
1, 2