Dominion wars

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on January 10th, 2013, 8:04 pm
here is another map from me

its a 8 player map

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

Dominion Wars.zip
(114.58 KiB) Downloaded 955 times
posted on January 10th, 2013, 9:02 pm
I am not a site admin, and this is merely a suggestion anyway, but it might be best to keep all your map releases in one thread. Tis tidier and people will be able to find them easier should they be looking for them in the future.
posted on January 10th, 2013, 10:10 pm
data im loving the maps but that has way too many moons, especially in the starting areas which again favors turtling... I assume you must mainly play feds as all your maps favor them, try to keep to one expansion moon pair and then the rest to fight for.

look at the recent news post for tips mate.

ask someone to transfer my map, hell's kitchen to you for ideas if you want to see a semi decent map :)
posted on January 10th, 2013, 10:12 pm
yes you are right

the next maps that i finished, i make a mappack :-)
posted on January 20th, 2013, 9:33 pm
Sorry Guys,
I've downloaded the map and extracted the 3 map files found in the rar file into the bzn folder, but when I play this map the dominion map objects don't do anything?? I thought that like the Borg space map ,the map units would fight and expand etc. The other alternative was that you could board the units (not that it seemed like this would be the objective of this map with so many units and structures). but they can't be boarded. Could someone explain the workings of this map??
JH02
posted on January 25th, 2013, 7:47 pm
Thats because he didn't set that team to ai mission in the map settings. Easy enough to change.
posted on January 27th, 2013, 8:20 am
thanks for the tips guys. I Have gone into the map editor to search for settings to switch the Dominion AI on and cant locate it, could someone be kind enough to list a few easy steps to achieve this within the map editor.
posted on January 27th, 2013, 12:03 pm
1st find out what team the ai is set to (do this by going into the editor and double clicking one of their ships or stations.)
a list will appear. 10 or 11 lines down it will say what team it is.
close that window and open another window by pressing ctrl+r
a settings list should appear.
click start locations.
you select the dropdown bar that says "1 start position (and a bunch of numbers)"
and select the team number that the A.I. is
now go to the dropdown bar below that says "type" next to it and select "A.I. mission"

now save it and you should have it corrected.

it should take you no longer than a minute to do i would say.
hope that helps :)
posted on January 28th, 2013, 10:34 am
Thanks for taking the time to list how to do it hallodean, I'll give this a go
posted on January 29th, 2013, 3:12 am
Hi Guys,

In the settings the team is listed as 0, which makes it impossible to pick a start position in the start positions drop down window, I have a feeling that when this map was made it wasn't fully completed with the necessary info for the AI to fully play.

Regards

Jh02
posted on February 1st, 2013, 8:35 pm
The map ai have to be set to a "real" team like team 5 if its a 4 player map. Since this is an 8 player though it must be cut to 7 or 6 to have proper NPCs.