Blue Amber 2

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on April 9th, 2010, 7:55 pm
I could not make an Asymmetrical map all on my own, so I took Blue amber and completely rigged it. (Rigged as in nebula, not a Blow up ur computer rig).

Okay, this has a little story to it. Take a look. ;)
Story: The Amersous System (Aka. the Blue amber map) had a large stellar explosion occur, in a large explosion of energy from an unknown source (Picard blames Q) the entire system has had numerous stars appear. Now the entire system is warped. Several dangerous nebula clouds have appeared, and many of the resource moons were either destroyed or completely flung into new locations.

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

blueamber2.zip
(104.31 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
posted on April 9th, 2010, 8:22 pm
Suggestion:

My FAVORITE thing about Blue Amber was the fact that it's moons were all completely spaced out.  It was one of the first maps that got me interested in using non-paired moons to encourage "Outposting" gameplay.

Having moonpairs ends up with all the eggs being put into one basket and a decisive end to the game rather quickly. 

That's just what I liked about the original Blue Amber ^-^.
posted on April 30th, 2010, 5:56 pm
any other comments? Or is it just plain bad?
posted on April 30th, 2010, 6:25 pm
Looks good so far..i'm gonna try it.
posted on April 30th, 2010, 6:36 pm
I do see a lot of the Blue Crystalid Nebula (or is it Fluid?...) that will allow Borg to essentially dominate the map.  You might consider reducing the amount of nebula on the map a bit to also improve pathing.
posted on April 30th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Boggz wrote:Suggestion:

My FAVORITE thing about Blue Amber was the fact that it's moons were all completely spaced out.  It was one of the first maps that got me interested in using non-paired moons to encourage "Outposting" gameplay.

Having moonpairs ends up with all the eggs being put into one basket and a decisive end to the game rather quickly. 

That's just what I liked about the original Blue Amber ^-^.

the first blue amber map has too many dilth moons, and almost no trit moons .... <_<;;
posted on April 30th, 2010, 7:45 pm
Making the Tri moons much more valuable, eh? :)

People use less tri overall than they do Di anyway.  Some strats require increased tri use but overall there is always a higher amount of Di used.
posted on April 30th, 2010, 9:25 pm
Boggz wrote:Making the Tri moons much more valuable, eh? :)

People use less tri overall than they do Di anyway.  Some strats require increased tri use but overall there is always a higher amount of Di used.

Unless you are Borg or Dominion or don't use many support units, yup  :lol:
posted on April 30th, 2010, 9:37 pm
But even then, Dilithium (even if by a small amount) is always the more used resource.
posted on April 30th, 2010, 9:39 pm
Try Assimilate for instance  ^-^
posted on April 30th, 2010, 11:20 pm
Ok...the mpa has pathing problems. Especially the top mid passage is circumvented by all ships. It should not be that narrow. Borg indeed dominate the map because of that nebulae.