A2-FO Astrometrics

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
1, 2, 3
posted on February 15th, 2010, 8:04 pm
Last edited by Phoenix on February 15th, 2010, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleet Ops is a great mod, as we all know, and many of the players have a knack for cool map design. Thing is; it can be a bit of a chore having to trawl through pages of topics in order to find that one map that you really like but can't remember the name of.

Here's my proposal:

http://phoenix-d.webs.com/
Having done a bit of fiddling, I've redone my own website and set the stage for you aspiring map makers to set up your own pages to show off your maps. The advantages of this are that you don't have to make a new topic every time you finish a map and it keeps everyone's maps in one tidy place so that people can simply bookmark the site and download the maps that they want without the pain and suffering of searching through the fleetops forum.

The community page is wiki based so members can have their own pages (those that are html literate can do their own jiggery pokery to get their page just right but for those that aren't; the site tools will help you get going within minutes)

In terms of hosting your files, PM me here or on Astrometrics and I'll look into getting them on my site.
posted on February 15th, 2010, 8:10 pm
Very nice, Phoenix! :thumbsup:
posted on February 15th, 2010, 9:34 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on February 15th, 2010, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most impressive - this should indeed make it much easier to find maps  :thumbsup:  :woot:
posted on February 15th, 2010, 9:56 pm
Additionally i admire your intention to create not geometric maps, that still are balanced. Difficult task, but i am sure you succeed.  :thumbsup:
posted on February 16th, 2010, 12:38 pm
Thanks for the support guys :). Just need some map makers to join up!

Boggz should hopefully be adding a page in the near future. If anyone else would like a space, sign up and then message me with a list of maps you wish to be hosted. I'll upload and provide links for your page :).
posted on February 16th, 2010, 3:02 pm
sweet nice idea
posted on February 16th, 2010, 4:09 pm
I'll be up...........  :shifty: Just make sure nobody takes my space.
posted on February 16th, 2010, 4:19 pm
Last edited by Tyler on February 16th, 2010, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm up, nice looking site. How do you use it?
posted on February 16th, 2010, 7:12 pm
Last edited by Phoenix on February 16th, 2010, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cool :), once you're logged in, go to the Community Maps page, then hit the "Add sub page" button and fill in the appropriate boxes.

You can navigate between the various pages by using the wiki "navigation button". You can edit you page by using the "EasyEdit" button. Let me know which files you wish to host by pm'ing me :).
posted on February 16th, 2010, 7:24 pm
Put up my page!  :D
posted on February 16th, 2010, 7:32 pm
It's looking good :D. Feel free to add any screen shots and additional stuff as you see fit :). Tis your page afterall! I'll check back to see how the Community Maps section is going now and then and carry out any maintenance as required.

Hopefully, Tyler's page should be coming soon!
posted on February 19th, 2010, 5:40 pm
Hey guys I've thrown all my maps up on ASTROMETRICS and I suggest you do the same with your own maps!

It's a great way to have all of them in line right behind one another.

SUGGESTION:

If making the page looks daunting, just go to Phoenix's or My page and copy the format we use.  You can straight select and copy the whole thing actually.  Then all you have to do is edit what you want and replace the pictures!  A little fiddling around and you'll get the hang of it.
posted on February 24th, 2010, 11:06 pm
Sutee's maps are now hosted and available as an alternative to fleetops.net

I also have some stuff in the pipeline of my own! More on that later.
posted on February 25th, 2010, 12:26 am
I'll make my page when I have access to my computer, I'm borrowing due to technical problems (my computer has an attitude problem recently).
posted on February 25th, 2010, 1:03 am
Where is the "Make a Page" button? ??? I can't find it.
1, 2, 3