Unknown Stock ODF Commands

guide.fleetops.net
posted on November 19th, 2011, 8:48 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on November 20th, 2011, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom edit: just decided to split this, because I realized I should have made a separate thread for the request in the first place :sweatdrop: . Original question: Anybody know what these A2 Stock Commands do?

I think I can nail down some of them.

UltritiumBall
radius This appears to have similar function to the phaser flare radius.

damageValue Might as well remove this.  If not 0, the weapon does absolutely 0 damage.

rotation Unknown

scalingStepSize Unknown

scalingCount Unknown

AsteroidField
maxAsteroids The maximum number of asteroids allowed to appear in the "object."  Fleet Operations has this set to 1.

minAsteroids The minimum number of asteroids allowed to appear in the "object."  Fleet Operations has this set to 1.

Planet, LatinumNebula, Scrap
rotationSpeed The speed at which the said object rotates on it's axis.

TradingStation
cargoValueX Units of the currency resource given per unit of the specified cargo.  Example:  A value of 1.25 will give the specified cargo a value of 625 currency for a load of 500 cargo units.

percentTradeProfit The percentage of the currency resource that the player will receive on completion of the load/unload cycle.  Example:  From the above example, a value of 25 will give you 156.25 currency units.

ResearchPod
isUpgrade Unknown

upgradeMultiplier - how does it affect each upgrade type? Appears to multiply a system's base effectiveness by the specified value.  Eg:  Sensor range of 800 multiplied by 2 would yield a final value of 1600 even if you have filled the map with upgrade facilities.
posted on November 19th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Yup, always welcome :)

I can't determine an effect for either damageValue or radius: if you have pictures to display what you have found that would be better, or at least your exact testing method :)

For min+maxAsteroids I was hunting down the default values, but couldn't determine them  :blush:

rotationSpeed does not appear to have an effect there at all unfortunately.

percentTradeProfit seems to have some screwy randomization factor there, which I can't figure out (the amount of latinum deposited is not consistent even with same cargo load)

upgradeMultiplier likewise has some weird stuff when upgrading to the next level (or defaults for different values). Would also need to know its effects on lifesupport.
posted on November 19th, 2011, 9:39 pm
For damageValue, I tested it using the stock Diamond special.  Found the ordinance (which I later discovered was more of a trigger), changed the damageValue to increase it's firepower (to my surprise, it was set to 0 but the weapon was causing significant damage to even large fleets) and then it did absolutely no damage.

And just a few seconds ago, I figured out I was talking about the wrong file.  :blush:

In the mafield.odf file of the stock A2 asteroid field, these values are set to min=4 and max=8.  The number of asteroids produced seems to be consistent with these parameters.

Maybe it's in the animation sequence of the model.  The planet model seems to be hardcoded.  Poor design for a "professional" game.

I think it's based somewhat on the distance that the cargo ship travels.  The precise algorithms may be hardcoded.  It's consistent in the fact that if the trading stations are right next to each other, you'll get very few resources, but if they're across the map, you'll get tons of resources.

To my knowledge, the upgrades have a huge impact 4 systems.  Crew will die with life support disabled at a rate of [lifeSupportLoss/upgradeMultiplier].  The only system I have not been able to confirm is the engine.
posted on November 20th, 2011, 10:01 pm
Interesting: yup, just figured out the equations for the cargo ship stuff and upgrade stuff based on your comments, thanks  :thumbsup:
posted on November 21st, 2011, 1:20 am
No problem.