Unit Value Calculations Questions

guide.fleetops.net
posted on December 16th, 2010, 4:52 pm
According to this page in the guide, http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding/visuals-effects/editing-tooltips#DefensiveValue, the Steamrunners defensive value should be 22.  Why is it displayed as 16?  I did the same calculation with the Nebula Refit.  It's defensive value came out as 44.  But the displayed value is 33.  I did the same calculation with the standard Nebula class and the defensive value came out as 37.  The displayed value is 26.  No matter what I do, the value seems to be around 6-11 units higher than the displayed value.

With the percentage of hitpoints made of the hull, does that include subsystem hitpoints?  Or just shield vs hull?
posted on December 16th, 2010, 5:11 pm
Interesting, but not unexpected - the values may have been slightly changed from 3.1.3, but my best guess is that these ships use a slightly more complex formula :). The calculator in the guide is a very simplified version of the dev system  ^-^ . For instance, try on the Rhienn or Griffin - there it is 'accurate' :)

Hull hitpoints is separate of subsystem hitpoints :)
posted on December 16th, 2010, 5:49 pm
So when calculating the percentage of hitpoints in the hull and shields, we exclude the subsystem hitpoints, right?

Excluding the subsystem hitpoints from the calculation, the result for the Nebula class is 27.  The displayed value is 26.  That sounds more reasonable.  What exactly is this more "complex" formula?
posted on December 16th, 2010, 5:57 pm
The manual calculations written there are only to explain what parts are in play. If it does not mention subsystem hitpoints, they are not used in that calculation. I'd recommend using the Unit Values Calculator, as it is far simpler (link is at the head of that section).

The more complex formula is that which is in play in Fleet Ops.
posted on December 16th, 2010, 5:59 pm
Okay.  Thanks.
posted on December 16th, 2010, 6:03 pm
I just checked your calculations for the normal Nebula and the Nebula Refit - I'd definitely recommend using the Unit Values Calculator, as both your values are quite off  :sweatdrop: (Nebula should read 27, and Nebula Refit 34, Steamrunner is still very off at 17). Since those first two are off by a small amount, it's probably likely that there was some change in the values for 3.1.4 :)
posted on December 16th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Last edited by TChapman500 on December 16th, 2010, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 is the vaue I said for the Nebula.  I did not recheck the Nebula Refit or Steamrunner.  Another thing I noticed, is that all of the shield and hull values seems to be at a ratio of about 1 hull to 3 shield.  Some are about 1 hull to 4 shield.  Why is that?  It doesn't seem realistic.
posted on December 16th, 2010, 6:44 pm
TCR_500 wrote:I did the same calculation with the Nebula Refit.  It's defensive value came out as 44.  But the displayed value is 33.  I did the same calculation with the standard Nebula class and the defensive value came out as 37.  The displayed value is 26.

This is what you wrote however :)

Hull to Shield values are different for each faction. I believe Feds are generally 70-80% shield, Dominion are 60-70%, Klingons are 50%, and Romulans about 60%.
posted on December 16th, 2010, 7:08 pm
THIS IS WHAT I WROTE AFTER THE RECALCULATION!!

TCR_500 wrote:So when calculating the percentage of hitpoints in the hull and shields, we exclude the subsystem hitpoints, right?

Excluding the subsystem hitpoints from the calculation, the result for the Nebula class is 27.  The displayed value is 26.  That sounds more reasonable.  What exactly is this more "complex" formula?
posted on December 16th, 2010, 10:34 pm
TCR_500 wrote:THIS IS WHAT I WROTE AFTER THE RECALCULATION!!

bold underline and italics arent necessary. keep your cool :sweatdrop:

you are aware that you are flaming a mod? i mean thats just suicidal.
posted on December 16th, 2010, 10:46 pm
Myles, don't exacerbate things.  No need for the "forum police" today. :thumbsup: