Regarding Species'

guide.fleetops.net
posted on August 13th, 2011, 11:36 pm
I'm in a questiony mood today it seems. :D

Anyways, I was wondering about the other Species. Through the Apocrypha, We know about the eight playable races (Sorta OT, but will the Hydrans ever be added back, even though the Dominion replaced them? If they were prominent enough to be a full-fledged race, will they at least come back as a major NPC race?), and we know about the Tholians, and the Cardassians. But little-to-nothing has been said, that I could find, about the Gorn Hedgemony, the Orion Pirates, the Delta Quadrant powers, Xindi (for whatever reason), Kzilthi (if I spelled that right), etc.

Basically, do you, the Devs, have anything planned for these - and other - races as NPC factions? You don't have to answer if you do and it's a secret for other reasons. I'm just curious is all, because I'm not sure that the community has got any new updates on the Apocrypha for a while.
posted on August 14th, 2011, 3:48 am
Dominion replaced the Eridians actually, but Hydrans will be an NPC as they are one of Optec's favorite factions :)

Many factions are planned for NPCs, but it will take time to release them. As more content is released and as progress is made in the race redoes and beyond, NPCs will be released as they are created  :thumbsup: .

I have not updated the Apocrypha section in quite some time as Optec wishes to save the revised and internally consistent history of Fleet Ops for a historical database - you can be sure of course that we all want to release updates to Fleet Ops as quickly as possible, as it is exciting for everybody :)
posted on August 14th, 2011, 5:16 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:I have not updated the Apocrypha section in quite some time as Optec wishes to save the revised and internally consistent history of Fleet Ops for a historical database - you can be sure of course that we all want to release updates to Fleet Ops as quickly as possible, as it is exciting for everybody :)

Dom, I'm disturbed by the lack of the word "soon"(tm) in this post:D
posted on August 14th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Dominion replaced the Eridians actually, but Hydrans will be an NPC as they are one of Optec's favorite factions :)

Many factions are planned for NPCs, but it will take time to release them. As more content is released and as progress is made in the race redoes and beyond, NPCs will be released as they are created  :thumbsup: .

I have not updated the Apocrypha section in quite some time as Optec wishes to save the revised and internally consistent history of Fleet Ops for a historical database - you can be sure of course that we all want to release updates to Fleet Ops as quickly as possible, as it is exciting for everybody :)

P. 1: Ah, my mistake. Still, the same principle applies. Will the Eridians still eventually become playable at some point, or, having been replaced in popularity by the Dominion, will they never see the light of player-day?

P. 2: I understand that probably every faction you could think of will be in the game, even if it's just one ship representing them. But, what I was asking was, we know the post-Voyager pre-Flops history for the playable races, the Cardies, and the Tholians, but what about the history for the other species in the galaxy? Like, for example, the Gorn and the Hydrans?

P. 3: I see. "A historical database"? What exactly do you mean by that? And is it meant as a one-time, put-everything-up-as-opposed-to-regular-(or-irregular)-updates? If so, then I see why there wouldn't be anything new. However, is there at least some small, irrelevant piece of information you can give us, to at least have something?

Styer Crisis wrote:Dom, I'm disturbed by the lack of the word "soon"(tm) in this post:D

:lol:
posted on August 15th, 2011, 2:08 am
I don't think it's a good idea to talk about playable or non playable before the other factions are even in - plans change when you are thinking so long term :). There were even considerations to bring back the Cardassians as playable - after all other stuff has been complete. Again, merely half thought out ideas, since the time frame is so extended.

The historical database will of course be updated as more content is entered I am sure, but it will provide a working background for much of Fleet Operations when it is released. There is not some grand scheme planning out every aspect long before it has been added in (this goes for most of Fleet Ops) - new things are thought of constantly, and adjustments must occur to have them fit in :) . More on that when Optec decides it is time of course :)
posted on August 15th, 2011, 2:24 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to talk about playable or non playable before the other factions are even in - plans change when you are thinking so long term :). There were even considerations to bring back the Cardassians as playable - after all other stuff has been complete. Again, merely half thought out ideas, since the time frame is so extended.

The historical database will of course be updated as more content is entered I am sure, but it will provide a working background for much of Fleet Operations when it is released. There is not some grand scheme planning out every aspect long before it has been added in (this goes for most of Fleet Ops) - new things are thought of constantly, and adjustments must occur to have them fit in :) . More on that when Optec decides it is time of course :)

Making the cardassians as a playable race would certainly make many people happy. :)
posted on August 15th, 2011, 3:17 am
So would have Saucer Separation, but some things just don't work out the way you would like....