Mining Rate Trials

guide.fleetops.net
posted on December 9th, 2011, 1:36 pm
I'm curious as to what method(s) you used to get the mining rates in the guide.

Did you start the calculations when the first miner put the mining beam on the resource, or when the first miner docked with the station?  How long did you let the tests continue?  And how many times (average) did you repeat the test?
posted on December 9th, 2011, 3:22 pm
Basically I just made a blank map with miners, stations, and moon equidistant and let the miners do their thing for 2-4+ hours :) I think I repeated it only twice, as there is some variability, but it's not very much  ^-^.
posted on December 25th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Why do you ask TC?
posted on December 25th, 2011, 4:21 pm
I have two main reasons for asking.

1 - For the Tereanan Empire Mod.  I want to base the replicator rates on the mining rates.  Although I trust that the guide is accurate, it's reassuring to know exactly what methods were used.
2 - I'm wanting to put the mining rates in the unofficial FO Wiki.  I intend on putting in how the mining rates were tested.  To do that, I need a reference.
posted on December 25th, 2011, 6:43 pm
I'm thinking about how hard it would be to come up with a basic formula for mining rates, just so people could understand the limiting factors of and main contributors to mining rates.

Unfortunately I imagine it would be very complicated, as it would involve some knowledge of pathing formulas.