Idea for a new page for the guide

guide.fleetops.net

Question: Would a page in the guide with summaries of all the feature requests (and links) be useful to you?

Total votes: 42
Yes28 votes (67%)
Maybe9 votes (21%)
No3 votes (7%)
Stop wasting your time, fool!2 votes (5%)
1, 2
posted on February 27th, 2010, 2:08 am
Hi all, just here abusing the "own forum" ability. As the poll says, I was wondering if anybody would find it useful for me to dredge through the forum and create a new page in the guide that has a list of all the feature requests (the original post) as well as links to these posts. Maybe it might help people get new ideas and creating spinoffs?

If this idea doesn't suit your fancy, are there any pages that you feel are missing?
posted on February 27th, 2010, 3:10 am
I think progress, and Dev opinions on the feature requests would be cool too, sense you're soo, in-the-know :D
posted on February 27th, 2010, 5:13 am
I suppose you mean progress and opinions that aren't already listed in those idea threads, right?  :sweatdrop: . 'Fraid I've got no real special insight there - the Devs like to keep planned features behind the scenes and under wraps until they are ready to make a post on them (i.e. they've begun heavy development). All I can do is bug and bug and bug till Optec tells me to sit still and wait for the surprise in the next release  :D . I mainly ask about things that aren't so "cool and surprise-like", and maybe I get a few gems that way  :lol:

Believe me though, I'd really like it if there could be a dev corner with just their thoughts on potential ideas, and what specific things are planned soon  ^-^. I'm still waiting eagerly for more news on the Noxter  :woot:
posted on February 27th, 2010, 11:27 am
Perhaps just particular ones that come up a lot. It would perhaps stop people posting the same ideas over and over? (Although that can generate some quite interesting variations).

So maybe the top 10 or so most requested and any dev comments on the ideas?
posted on February 27th, 2010, 12:34 pm
I think it'd be useful to have a comprehensive list of all feature requests and ideas. For the devs it offers a quick reference and the chance of them spotting that "absolutely awesome idea that was lost to the sands of forum oblivion". For FO players it could theoretically reduce the risk of repeated threads made for the same feature, due to the thread creators laziness in using the "search" function.
posted on February 27th, 2010, 3:29 pm
Crazy Moose wrote:Perhaps just particular ones that come up a lot. It would perhaps stop people posting the same ideas over and over? (Although that can generate some quite interesting variations).

So maybe the top 10 or so most requested and any dev comments on the ideas?

Yeah, thats exactatly what I was thinking  :thumbsup:
posted on February 27th, 2010, 7:48 pm
yea id like this alot. iv posted alot of ideas that iv had, and iv had quite a good response from the community on them, but i am worried that my ideas will be forgotten and lost in the never ending bits,bytes and nibbles of the forum...
posted on February 27th, 2010, 7:59 pm
deathincarn wrote:bits,bytes and nibbles of the forum...

you forgot words... :lol:(its a play on words.  if you don't get it you fail at life :P)
posted on February 27th, 2010, 10:56 pm
I voted no because I think it would take up entirely too much space....as well as some people requests are just incredibly bad. :crybaby:
posted on February 27th, 2010, 11:22 pm
Borg101 wrote:I voted no because I think it would take up entirely too much space....as well as some people requests are just incredibly bad. :crybaby:

Hm, why do you think it will take up too much space? It would be just a separate page in the guide - you can choose to skip it if you really don't like it. The only thing it'll be is time consuming to create - good thing that ... well, in time we shall see  :whistling: . As for bad requests - I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. I like to think my ideas take the cake - but I know for sure somebody out there is gonna think that they really are the grunge at the bottom of the barrel :D
posted on April 21st, 2010, 10:13 am
Would also be nice to see which requests have been implemeted already by the devs and which ones not or partially.
posted on April 21st, 2010, 11:59 am
nice necro jan  :D :lol:
posted on April 21st, 2010, 12:33 pm
;)
posted on April 21st, 2010, 12:43 pm
our post count is now tied jan, im chasing you for that top 30 spot.  >:( :sweatdrop: :borg:

your posts will be assimilated :assimilate:
posted on April 21st, 2010, 8:03 pm
Hehe, I'll see what I can do once the proper tools are in place :)
1, 2