Guide: Replay Making

guide.fleetops.net
posted on April 15th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Hey, I wanted to elaborate on making replays successfully.
Since it's not that hard to do.
I'm using fraps to record and virtual dub to piece it all together with the xvid codec.
It works wonders. I just wanted to share it with everyone.
So can someone pm me about how and what I may and may not do?

Thanks in advance!
posted on April 15th, 2011, 8:50 pm
Denarius wrote:So can someone pm me about how and what I may and may not do?

you want instructions on how to tell people to make replays in the way you do?

theres a page on the guide about replay making, it includes an example of how to use fraps and windows live movie maker (do micro$oft HAVE to give everything stupidly long names?) so the fraps bit is done.

i think you would make a great contribution by describing how to use virtualdub and the xvid codec to encode fraps output avis. i think virtualdub and xvid are both free, so write a step by step on how to do it, and take screenshots to show the settings and anything complicated. i'd find it interesting to read too,

im sure dom or zebh could add it as a third example on the linked guide page.
posted on April 15th, 2011, 8:51 pm
Ok thanks! :thumbsup:
posted on April 15th, 2011, 8:53 pm
If you have a higher end system playclaw works 1million times better than fraps.
posted on April 15th, 2011, 9:05 pm
Kestrel wrote:If you have a higher end system playclaw works 1million times better than fraps.

i've heard that around, i only have 2 cores, neither of which is fantastic, so i dont think testing it on my machine would be helpful.

playclaw is mentioned in the guide, its also not free.

if anyone does find out more facts about it and can make a guide for it then that would be great.
posted on April 15th, 2011, 9:48 pm
I've created a .doc file with the replay example. Lots of screenies to help you understand :D
PM me your mail address and I'll send you the doc.
posted on April 15th, 2011, 9:51 pm
Denarius wrote:I've created a .doc file with the replay example. Lots of screenies to help you understand :D
PM me your mail address and I'll send you the doc.

done :thumbsup:
posted on April 16th, 2011, 2:34 pm
The few reviews I've read on Playclaw were quite positive but they seem to say that both are quite comparable still.
posted on April 18th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Myles wrote: its also not free.

So.

When has that ever stopped anybody, fraps isnt free either, there is a free version of playclaw you can use just the same as fraps but it has a watermark on the screen when you have recorded but i think so too does fraps.

Find crack problem solved. Fraps recording lags on my system ,playclaw never does, i like it better.

You should at least give it a go and compare the performance and see if playclaw works better for you than fraps.
posted on April 18th, 2011, 2:59 pm
:lol: kestrel in your haste to get so hostile you neglected to read my post, i wasnt disagreeing with you about playclaw, i said i'd heard agreements with you around and that was it, i havnt used playclaw so thats why i asked other people to test it. i mentioned it was not free just as info.

i only have a dual core, and its and old processor too. plus i couldnt find a recent pirate version of playclaw, the old versions dont support recording from multiple sound sources.
posted on April 22nd, 2011, 7:00 pm
Myles wrote::lol: kestrel in your haste to get so hostile you neglected to read my post, i wasnt disagreeing with you about playclaw, i said i'd heard agreements with you around and that was it, i havnt used playclaw so thats why i asked other people to test it. i mentioned it was not free just as info.

i only have a dual core, and its and old processor too. plus i couldnt find a recent pirate version of playclaw, the old versions dont support recording from multiple sound sources.

......What the hell are you talking about hostile.... if you think this was hostile which it most certainly was not then you are NEVER going to survive in this world. GL
posted on April 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Please lock this thread. As its usefullness has expired.
posted on April 22nd, 2011, 8:21 pm
Kestrel, please stop flaming.

Thread locked