Guide inacurate about Borg?

guide.fleetops.net
posted on February 1st, 2012, 5:05 pm
Last edited by JeanLucPicard on February 1st, 2012, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was reading the guide about the borg  :borg: and I keep finding this "Resistance is Futile" purchase in the Conduction Matrix but in the game I can't find such things. Is this an old thing from a previous version or I am missing something? The link is this Directive: Assimilate - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations, in the part about "Assimilator / Dodecahedron Rush".

If this doen't belong to this section feel free to move it.  :whistling:
posted on February 1st, 2012, 5:09 pm
RiF is the first option in the conduction matrix buttons. it instantly gives you CC for money. it's good for rushes, but bad for long term, i think the intention is that a mixture of using RiF and nodes is desirable, but borg can get started up quickly even without RiF and just using nodes.
posted on February 1st, 2012, 6:01 pm
Thanks Myles I never use that purchase because it cost 100 supplies and I don't build Incubation Center right away. Never noticed the name  :blush:
posted on February 1st, 2012, 6:24 pm
JeanLucPicard wrote:Thanks Myles I never use that purchase because it cost 100 supplies and I don't build Incubation Center right away. Never noticed the name  :blush:

it seems expensive, but most rushes do drain initial resources quite heavily. it's all about making that rush count by hurting your enemy. compare borg rushes with ktinga rush, that also drains resources fast, but it feels more like rushes from other games, loads of little units swarming, hence the kt rush is more accepted. currently borg don't even have to rush, if they build naturally, they can get quite a solid force with some scubes out early.

borg can only get supply via incubators, but in a team game allies can give you supply that they can buy, so team games have more flexible strats. but 1 player rushing in a team game is less effective, so there's a balance to be struck.