Guide 'Database' Alterations

guide.fleetops.net
1, 2
posted on June 18th, 2010, 2:58 am
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on June 22nd, 2010, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi folks, we are quickly approaching a new version of the guide and with it will come a revamped Database section (the area where you can see all unit stats etc). We'd like to know what - if anything - you'd like changed, added in, etc :) .

Just to clarify, there will be structures listed in the new Database, along with Mixed-Tech ships, and tech trees (eventually).  :D

More what we'd be interested in is what new fields you'd like to see: currently you can see cost, construction time, offense, defense, system, crew, speed, size, type, researches available, passives, and weapon types. What else would be useful for the community and how would you like it to be arranged? :)

Looking forward to your comments  :thumbsup:
posted on June 18th, 2010, 7:44 am
a column that lists  which ships the vessel does increased damage against (without going to another section of the guide for that info) not the full damage breakdown charts, just which ships the one you're looking at gets a bonus against
posted on June 18th, 2010, 5:42 pm
I kind of think that the counter table should be in the database.  :blush:
posted on June 18th, 2010, 7:39 pm
funnystuffpictures wrote:I kind of think that the counter table should be in the database.  :blush:

Extension of this: I'd like to see why any particular vessels is countered (i.e. xyz passive, short/medium/long range) and why it counters another vessel.

Seperate: A list (w/ picture) of all of the passives (with links to the ships that have them).
posted on June 18th, 2010, 7:55 pm
I'd like the avatar bonuses shown in Database so I don't have to go into the Avatar section and add/subtract numbers to figure out the stats. Especially for Risner Sovereigns/Defiant/Remore where I think the only place that has the info on the exact bonuses right now is the unit's walls o' text in the Unit Analysis.
posted on June 18th, 2010, 10:04 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:I'd like the avatar bonuses shown in Database so I don't have to go into the Avatar section and add/subtract numbers to figure out the stats. Especially for Risner Sovereigns/Defiant/Remore where I think the only place that has the info on the exact bonuses right now is the unit's walls o' text in the Unit Analysis.

Yup, that goes without saying :) It was just a limitation of the current Database (that's why it is listed in the update thread as on todo  :sweatdrop: )

yandonman wrote:Extension of this: I'd like to see why any particular vessels is countered (i.e. xyz passive, short/medium/long range) and why it counters another vessel.
Seperate: A list (w/ picture) of all of the passives (with links to the ships that have them).

Hm, so you wanted my reasoning on why something is countered, or...? The second part could surely be done :) Would you want that on a separate page, or perhaps an additional "organizer" that would allow you to organize ships according to that characteristic as well?

funnystuffpictures wrote:I kind of think that the counter table should be in the database.  :blush:

Aye, a set of images (and names) of the ships being countered by a particular unit will be supplied both in the Unit Analayses as well as the database (I think).

eoraptor wrote:a column that lists  which ships the vessel does increased damage against (without going to another section of the guide for that info) not the full damage breakdown charts, just which ships the one you're looking at gets a bonus against

Are you sure that would help? That's why I removed the original damage tables - because they are garbage since they don't take into consideration weapon type, opposing passives, or ship size/class  :sweatdrop:
posted on June 20th, 2010, 9:33 pm
Not sure if this is the place to do so, but i have a request.

Can you add the amount of special energy for vessels and special energy usage for weapons such as the Proximity Torpedo and Tricobalt Torpedo?
posted on June 20th, 2010, 10:07 pm
I moved your topic here, as it seems more fitting Andre27 :)

Complex suggestion, but I think it is possible :)
posted on June 22nd, 2010, 12:40 am
yandonman wrote:Seperate: A list (w/ picture) of all of the passives (with links to the ships that have them).

List part has been added to here - pictures and links will follow :)
posted on June 22nd, 2010, 1:08 am
Very nice. That is very helpful.
posted on June 22nd, 2010, 1:09 am
Glad to help :) . I'm having a bit of trouble with the images, so I'll have to wait for Zebh to make them "appear" tomorrow - I'll try and figure out links in a few minutes too  :lol:
posted on June 22nd, 2010, 1:13 am
(small small request) In the DB, can we add weapon range as one of the sortable options?
posted on June 22nd, 2010, 2:32 am
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on June 22nd, 2010, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
:lol: That would have been intelligent, wouldn't it  :sweatdrop:

EDIT: I managed to figure out how to put up those images of the passives  B)
posted on June 22nd, 2010, 6:13 am
I think the link in the initial post needs fixing, it leads to a 404 Page Not Found. Otherwise, it looks good.
posted on June 22nd, 2010, 6:58 am
How come the rank images don't work anymore? The K't'inga also has a slight issue.
1, 2