Disabling Guide's Background Images?

guide.fleetops.net

Question: Do you have performance issues with the Guide?

Total votes: 12
Yes2 votes (17%)
No10 votes (83%)
posted on November 4th, 2010, 12:32 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on November 8th, 2010, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just a question, as u know the large background image on the guide makes my  computer run slow cos i have an old comp.

would it be possible to have an option to disable the background image? So by default the image is shown for everyone, but there's a button for people with crappy computers to turn it off. That way i wouldnt have to view the page using ie.

EDIT: sorry for being off topic. When i get back to my pc i'll move this to the suggestions page. Using my fone now.

EDIT2: thanks for whichever mod moved this. guide suggestions might have been better lol but this will do equally fine.

EDIT3: i looked for a suggestions page but only found suggestions threads for each individual idea, so i guess this is the best thread. maybe a suggestions thread could be made and stickied. kinda like the problems page.

EDIT4: Zebh found a workaround for me. problem solved :D
posted on November 5th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on November 5th, 2010, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myles wrote:EDIT: sorry for being off topic. When i get back to my pc i'll move this to the suggestions page. Using my fone now.

How can you be off-topic when you start a thread?

This is off-topic...
[insert silly picture here]
posted on November 5th, 2010, 7:36 pm
well this was off topic in another thread.

im not sure who moved it as they didnt put an edit, dom usually does so, so it probably wasnt him. i was gonna move it myself, but a mod beat me to it lol.
posted on November 5th, 2010, 9:14 pm
I moved it, sorry for not putting an edit  :blush: . Just waiting for Zebh to make a response  :sweatdrop:
posted on November 5th, 2010, 10:05 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:I moved it, sorry for not putting an edit  :blush: . Just waiting for Zebh to make a response   :sweatdrop:

lol the one person i assumed wasnt the culprit. thanks for the move anyway.
posted on November 8th, 2010, 2:10 pm
Last edited by Zebh on November 8th, 2010, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am aware of the issue. I have considered some solutions for the issue, but I haven't had the time to test/change the layout.

I added the poll to this thread, I hope you don't mind.
posted on November 8th, 2010, 2:14 pm
when did this become a poll?  :lol:

just read your edit zebh.

i know the issue is very uncommon, i think it only happens to me because my computer is slow and cant handle the background image.

it works in ie because ie doesnt display the background image at all lol.
posted on November 8th, 2010, 5:08 pm
sorry for double post. zebh found a workaround for my problem, if anybody else has similar issues you could post here or pm him.

we now return you to your scheduled programming.