NX

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2
posted on March 7th, 2018, 7:24 pm
So is NX still alive are you still working on it how much have been done in the last 3 years.

Last of all a big one when will we be getting some news on NX if it still alive and you guys still working on it can we hope for any news this year on it.

P.S i'm not asking you to say when it done i'm asking if you going give any news on it this year at all.

Maybe a Dev or some can drop us a line so we know if it still alive you have not talk to us in a long long time we miss you Dev Team :D

NX
Still alive
NX
Dead

????

Dev Team
posted on March 8th, 2018, 8:31 pm
bump
posted on March 9th, 2018, 10:32 pm
its all your fault, if you do not interupt dev every 5 min with your stupid requests they would deliver NX yesterday, and now because of you they will need aditional 15 - 25 years. posibly never if you do not shut up.

:D
posted on March 9th, 2018, 11:13 pm
lul i for got the dev keep saying for them to talk to us for 5min will take away from NX dev time so yes maybe we all should stop asking then it only take 10 more years and not 25 more yearsssss

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
posted on March 10th, 2018, 2:04 pm
bump
posted on March 10th, 2018, 11:29 pm
Mighty, you need to stop bumping this thread right now. I'm serious.

I appreciate the feedback you've given me over the years on my own projects, but you know that this thread is nothing short of harassment. You already know that the NX project is in a complicated situation, and when the devs work on it they do it for free. They do it for you. Do you have any idea how demoralizing it is when the people you devote months and years of your personal time to, stab you in the back and try to ruin your reputation? How the hell do you think it makes them feel knowing that even if/when they complete the project, you would only be there to harass them some more by saying "well finally, it took you long enough"?

I've learned a lot about myself while working on Tryptic's Mod. And I can understand now that if you ever treated me this way, I don't know if I'd be able to take it and finish the mod. Not just out of spite, but because it's freaking hard to go on a 12-hour coding run instead of just playing Stellaris or Sins. Kind words and helpful feedback from the community is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes, and it feels like that's not something the original dev team gets anymore. The visual assets and code base in Fleet Ops are still the best I've seen anywhere online for this game, and we need to be more respectful of their massive contributions to the community. The complaining needs to go away, permanently this time.
posted on March 11th, 2018, 12:16 am
Dam man was asking if there still working on it and if they have any news you make it sound like i kill someone

I also know they do it in there free time this does not mean can't ask for some news or if they still working on it right lot of people work on mods in there free time and lots of people ask about xxxx mod
posted on March 11th, 2018, 8:38 am
Hi,
In my opinion, Star Trek Armada 2 and Fleet Operations it's the BEST space strategy games.
I played with SoASE but I did not like it. It's an interesting gameplay but did not attract me to play. I found that "Stellaris" game, unfortunately I have an older computer and this game does not start. I found another game, it's about "Gratuitous Space Battles", a 2D space strategy game and fortunately can be played very easy.
Other than that, Star Trek Armada 2 and Fleet Operations it's an attractive gameplay and still the BEST space strategy games to play.
posted on March 11th, 2018, 1:00 pm
I also think after all this time Star Trek Armada 2 and Fleet Operations is still one of the best for sure it the best Armada 2 mod EASY
posted on March 11th, 2018, 3:05 pm
I personaly think NX was shot to the head, and devs are hiding the body. But that is just me..... feel free to crucify me for this post. I simply lost hope for NX.
posted on March 11th, 2018, 3:25 pm
Easy Shadow or Tryptic will kill you like he did me for asking if NX is still alive and any news update
posted on March 12th, 2018, 5:09 pm
Shadow24 wrote:I personaly think NX was shot to the head, and devs are hiding the body. But that is just me..... feel free to crucify me for this post. I simply lost hope for NX.

eyyyyyy! :D hehe nicely said
posted on March 13th, 2018, 11:09 am
Tryptic wrote:Mighty, you need to stop bumping this thread right now. I'm serious.
Not just out of spite, but because it's freaking hard to go on a 12-hour coding run instead of just playing Stellaris or Sins.

Honestly this is Armada engines fault. I've modded other games and they were a lot easier and faster to work with. Armada engine (which is based on Battlezone engine IIRC) simply wasn't designed to use veterancy and ship experience as well as replace weapons. It's amazing the devs had the energy and will to implement it, but it does make it a lot harder for the modders to work with since to modify 1 ship you have to figure out the rank-up curve for that ship and then modify anywhere from 6 - 12 files + 1-3x that fo weapons (or more if it has a mix-tech variant). And on top of that any "passives" are just dummy weapons and the real magic behind them is manually adjusting all the numbers to make it work.

Don't get me wrong the game is much better becsaue of these systems but boy does it make my head hurt when I look at the odfs.

As for the NX project itself. There is still a slither of hope. But the last news post WAS nearly 3 years ago. I'm not holding my breath.
posted on March 13th, 2018, 7:51 pm
So here's my two pence on the matter.

I'll admit that I've given the devs a fair amount of crap on this topic, which stemmed from being quite salty over the abandonment of Fleet Ops-Armada for various reasons, the justifiability of which being arguable.

It doesn't really matter that much what my reasons are, though; I daresay I went over the line of good criticism to being a dick all too often, and that is something I do apologize for.

So everyone, please stop harassing the devs about Fleet Ops-NX. In the end, they're keeping the lights on for us to discuss what we already have, and we should be happy with that. What we might wish from them isn't really germaine.
posted on April 9th, 2020, 12:57 am
Shadow24 wrote:its all your fault, if you do not interupt dev every 5 min with your stupid requests they would deliver NX yesterday, and now because of you they will need aditional 15 - 25 years. posibly never if you do not shut up.

:D

Joke is on you in 2020.

Also, if the mod is dead then own it. A project that gets 1 or 2 things done a year is dead.
1, 2