Aad Moerman

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on December 24th, 2018, 9:22 pm
Hi all

This week I received sad news regarding Aad Moerman which I have been asked to share with you all

Attachments

upload_2018-12-22_21-47-2.png
upload_2018-12-22_21-47-2.png (6.67 KiB) Viewed 909 times
posted on December 25th, 2018, 7:49 pm
Blade wrote:Hi all

This week I received sad news regarding Aad Moerman which I have been asked to share with you all

That's very, very sad to hear. :'(

One question, for those that might have been using aad's ships or any Mods and wanted to release them in a project, how do they go about getting permission to do so.
posted on December 26th, 2018, 10:27 am
Rest in peace !
Thanks to Aad Moerman, he let me use his Breen ships and stations work for my mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-2-classic-using-fleet-operations
He was very talented , creating a lot of ships and space stations!
posted on December 26th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Very shocking and sad news.

I never got to know him on a deep personal level, but he seemed like a truly kind and generous person. Anytime I e-mailed asking for help or permission to use his work, he would always make the time to respond to me and help me. He put out some of the best models in the Armada community.

RIP Aad.
posted on January 6th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Well, bugger :(

Always a good modder and a good member of the community. He will be missed.
posted on January 9th, 2019, 11:46 am
RIP Aad Moerman,

Firstly, condolences to Aad's wife and his closest family .

I am currently playing the Dominion war mod which heavily features his ships.

I never had a reason to message him over the years , but from those who had contact with him here and through the forums on the old Armada 2 files site, you could see he always was willing to share his ships with the community.

when some modders were not quite so eager to share their work or were too involved in silly arguments in the forums, I never witnessed anything like that from Aad. He was always polite and courteous.

He will be missed.