Back after... (looks at callendar) OMG years!

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on August 22nd, 2017, 5:30 pm
Well, I'm back. Came to check out the scene. I can't believe its been actual years since I was last here. :o

Is anyone from the old grandpas still here?
Kamk?
Waffles?
Warp Core?
Tryptic?
Arshea

I would really like to get together again and kick one off, for old times' sake!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UOfGRZ9M1s

But how is this community in general? Still kicking? Games still going on in the weekend?
posted on August 22nd, 2017, 6:00 pm
The only member of that list that I've seen posting here recently is Tryptic, who has been working on a balance-mod-plus for 3.2.7 to change the meta up a bit. There are a few new names around here, too, but I think most people are in a holding pattern for FLOPS NX, whenever that happens.

I think there are still some games going on, but I've never really been part of the multiplayer scene. It takes some finagling to get the old A2 engine running with Windows 10, and it's not entirely stable when you do, so that becomes a barrier as people upgrade.
posted on August 22nd, 2017, 7:02 pm
im still here sortta

been working on getting fo 3.2.7 working with the fo4 loader
posted on August 22nd, 2017, 7:17 pm
I don't know what you're talking about, mine runs just fine with windows 10!
posted on August 23rd, 2017, 12:50 am
The site looks pretty dead from the outside, but it turns out there are a few people who mess with the code on their own. Star Master Prodigy, Shadow, Nesi, and a few others have started playing Star Trek Armada 3 (the Sins mod) but I still chat with them on Steam.

Actually, recently I've started using codeanywhere.com to edit my files at work, during my 12-hour shifts when nothing happens. I've made considerable progress over the past few weeks, although none of it is polished enough to play. When I'm done in a few decades, Tryptic's Mod should be exceptionally balanced and fun :lol:
posted on August 23rd, 2017, 6:30 am
Wow, now I'm jealous. I wish I had 12-hour shifts when nothing happens. Wanna switch with my 12-hour job in the shipyards? :sweatdrop:

What about the rest of "the gang"?
posted on August 24th, 2017, 5:28 pm
Beef wrote:I don't know what you're talking about, mine runs just fine with windows 10!

The difficulties people have vary greatly, depending on fresh vs upgraded install of Windows 10; video card make, model, and driver revision; and other factors like whether you're using the DX9 .ini hack for Fleet Ops.

It's even worse for Armada I, though.
posted on August 24th, 2017, 6:51 pm
Mine runs with a fresh install of windows 10, ran through vSphere on a VGA passthrough, done on a NVMe M.2 drive which is not even fully supported on my current motherboard, on a xeon CPU, plug and play drivers that I let windows install from the internet by itself.

If I got it to run on THAT, the others really got no excuses. :hmmm:
posted on August 25th, 2017, 1:07 pm
Well Beef...

You are back I may have to come back for a game or two...