Would you run up and punch a klingon for $20?

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on January 28th, 2013, 1:43 pm
A real live Klingon Warrior, not the guys that dress up at the conventions. If someone gave you $20 if you would run up to him and punch him, would you do it?
posted on January 28th, 2013, 1:57 pm
depends on the race i am
as a ferengi definetly not :D so please define the parameters of your question and i can give you an exact answer :P
posted on January 28th, 2013, 3:16 pm
hmm, If I were Borg then I would do it. :woot:
:assimilate:
probably not if I were human though.
posted on January 28th, 2013, 3:38 pm
As me, myself, I -- I would not. The hospital bills wouldn't be worth it :P
posted on January 28th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Figured it goes without saying that it's as yourself.
posted on January 28th, 2013, 7:42 pm
ok as me myself ... hmm difficult question .... does anyone of you know how stong a typical klingon in our timeframe is ? or do you mean a tng/ds9 klingon who visits us through transdimensional timetravel ( by intention ar accidentally ... ) ? or maybe a tos klingon cause according to the series they are not as strong as the tng/ds9 ones. and by the way ... does he suffers under any sideeffects because of the shift in our universe and time, maybe something which influences the way he can react to my punsh ?
posted on January 28th, 2013, 8:11 pm
No. Also, if you punch a Klingon with a closed fist, he'll see it as a challenge to the death and kill you.
posted on January 28th, 2013, 8:43 pm
posted on January 28th, 2013, 9:12 pm
According to an old Simon and Schuster game "Star Trek: Klingon", a duel only becomes "to the death" when a ranged weapon is involved. In the game (and also seen in the Klingon Academy title sequence) there is a duel that you take part in, and you instantly fail when you grab a disruptor. Basically a fight with d'k'taghs is about honour. It serves no purpose for Klingon warriors to die in combat with each other. However when one combatant tries to "cheat" with something like a disruptor, the gloves are off and it becomes a dual to the death (as the "cheater" has soiled both his honour and that of his erstwhile opponent)
posted on January 28th, 2013, 9:42 pm
darthdude wrote:hmm, If I were Borg then I would do it. :woot:
:assimilate:
probably not if I were human though.

As a Borg you wouldn't want the money, and you couldn't run. I don't know if you could punch, either. You could inject nanites though.

As myself I don't think I would. I mean, I wouldn't punch a human for $20. And a Klingon is more likely to kill me for it.
posted on February 9th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Depends on if I had a Romulan Sniper backing me up...
posted on February 9th, 2013, 4:06 pm
if i was terminally ill or on death row then possibly otherwise no