Question About Music

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2
posted on November 12th, 2003, 8:02 am
I hve a question about the music of the federation in B2! What is that part with the piano and where is it from? If it's from another track just mixed out, where can i get the original?
Thanx
posted on November 12th, 2003, 4:19 pm
There is no piano in the Fed soundtrack. But if you mean the synthesizer sounds (something that Jerry Goldsmith uses from time to time)... That's from Star Trek: Nemesis.
posted on November 12th, 2003, 4:21 pm
Last edited by bonvoyager on November 12th, 2003, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hmm and is it a full track or somethin?
(Lt.Cdr.White, please have a look at my thread in the feature request section!)
posted on November 12th, 2003, 4:40 pm
Last edited by Lt.Cdr.White on November 12th, 2003, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As always, Goldsmith uses that rythmic synthesizer theme several times.

It can be heard very clearly in the very first track on the Nemesis CD (you may also check the movie itself, it's in the opening scene).

I think, that is what you mean, but I'm not sure, as it I can't remember any piano sounds in that track.

Edit: SORRY, I mixed up the Federation and the Romulan track! Sorry! ... Where do I get a brain?!? Quickly!!!
posted on November 12th, 2003, 4:41 pm
Yeah that is what i mean thanx
posted on November 12th, 2003, 4:45 pm
Last edited by Lt.Cdr.White on November 12th, 2003, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, that's not what you mean, you mean that reprise of the song, that Data sings on Riker's and Troi's wedding.

That version can be heard during the last few seconds of the movie (Nemesis, again), just before the credits start.

I don't rember the name of the song, let me check this.

(I edited my previous post)

Edit: Goldsmith uses the intro of the song. The name of the song is "Blue Skies".
posted on November 12th, 2003, 4:53 pm
And that is where the piano part is?
posted on November 12th, 2003, 4:56 pm
Last edited by Lt.Cdr.White on November 12th, 2003, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That is the piano part. It's heard after B4 sings the song and Picard realizes Data is not completely gone. The piano plays some of the intro of "Blue Skies" and then the music fades over to the end credits with the Star Trek: The Motion Picture theme, which Goldsmith uses usually for his end credits.

Edit: Skys = Skies

A version of the song, lyrics and midi:

http://www.smickandsmodoo.com/aaa/lyrics/blueski.htm
posted on November 12th, 2003, 5:04 pm
Hmm... thanx
posted on November 12th, 2003, 5:05 pm
Last edited by Lt.Cdr.White on November 12th, 2003, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And as I see, it's actually the main theme, not the intro. But that's not that important. ;)
posted on November 12th, 2003, 5:09 pm
Last edited by bonvoyager on November 12th, 2003, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right it's the "New Ending"
Btw: Did you check out my thread?
posted on November 12th, 2003, 5:13 pm
Yes I did. I read almost every thread, when it's new...
posted on November 12th, 2003, 6:33 pm
yep some parts of the federationmusic are form StarTrek 8 and 9 ^_^
posted on November 13th, 2003, 6:51 pm
This is about Star Trek 10... :P
posted on November 13th, 2003, 7:06 pm
Now this is the first time that I discover myself wanting to post nothing but a simple "lol"... Something must be wrong with me. :wacko:

Of course, we are talking about ST 10, Star Trek: Nemesis! :D

Detektor, ich bin enttäuscht! ;)
1, 2