Next patch questions (a lot of them)

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on October 26th, 2012, 12:26 am
Hallo folks It's me again

Don't worry I'm not gonna ask when the next patch is gonne be released!! :lol:

First of all I would like to say that I'm very happy to see the progress that is made towards the new patch :D
And I like the new Ideas implemented e.g fighter transfer, valkyrie fighters, buildable steamrunner class,new units etc very much.

I have been following the completed tasks table since c.a 1280 tasks have been completed. So congratulations!!!!

Now to my questions :

What happend to the saber 2 class ship? It was planned as a mixed tech ship for the klingons.

Is the role of the new orleans class established and will it be integrated into the game in the near future?

The Typhon class is still on to do list as high priority. But we already have a fed carrier.
So is it gonna be some kind of offense feature????? Or a caped special unit???
And does the orcus class fighter has something to do with the typhon?

Is the Borg redo gonna be implemented in the next patch or will it be implemented in several future patches?

What about the Kilingons are they gonna have some new vessels or do they're units gonna get new textures & models

Is the role of the shadow and the raptor class ships yet defined?
I mean I would like to see the old shadow again but the raptor was a artillerie ship as far as I remember and there is already the serkas class that fullfils that role.

If yes will the shadow have some new abilities??

Can we expect to see some new maps included in the new patch? Would be great :D

I know a lot of questions but I have a big one regarding the avatars!

Since we now have different profiles to choose what role will the avatars choice play on them?
Is the profile stuff (witch I like) just a fed specific thing or is it gonna be implemented witch more races?

Personally I think this is a very smart Idea because it enables you to have a more diverse fleet with maybe even more than 2 avatar specific ships!!! :thumbsup:

I know a ton of questions but since we wait for nearly a year for this big patch I'm curious.
posted on October 26th, 2012, 12:56 am
Falaffelboy wrote:Don't worry I'm not gonna ask when the next patch is gonne be released!! :lol:

Don't hold back, we know you want to.. :pimp:
posted on October 26th, 2012, 2:28 am
Andre27 wrote:Don't hold back, we know you want to.. :pimp:
Although we all know the answer is "when it's done, and that's not soon".
posted on October 26th, 2012, 10:37 am
:) :) :) :) :)

Yes a part of mine wants to ask that but why annoy hard working people?? ;)
posted on October 26th, 2012, 4:04 pm
Falaffelboy wrote:Hallo folks It's me again

Don't worry I'm not gonna ask when the next patch is gonne be released!! :lol:

First of all I would like to say that I'm very happy to see the progress that is made towards the new patch :D
And I like the new Ideas implemented e.g fighter transfer, valkyrie fighters, buildable steamrunner class,new units etc very much.

I have been following the completed tasks table since c.a 1280 tasks have been completed. So congratulations!!!!

Now to my questions :

What happend to the saber 2 class ship? It was planned as a mixed tech ship for the klingons.

Is the role of the new orleans class established and will it be integrated into the game in the near future?

The Typhon class is still on to do list as high priority. But we already have a fed carrier.
So is it gonna be some kind of offense feature????? Or a caped special unit???
And does the orcus class fighter has something to do with the typhon?

Is the Borg redo gonna be implemented in the next patch or will it be implemented in several future patches?

What about the Kilingons are they gonna have some new vessels or do they're units gonna get new textures & models

Is the role of the shadow and the raptor class ships yet defined?
I mean I would like to see the old shadow again but the raptor was a artillerie ship as far as I remember and there is already the serkas class that fullfils that role.

If yes will the shadow have some new abilities??

Can we expect to see some new maps included in the new patch? Would be great :D

I know a lot of questions but I have a big one regarding the avatars!

Since we now have different profiles to choose what role will the avatars choice play on them?
Is the profile stuff (witch I like) just a fed specific thing or is it gonna be implemented witch more races?

Personally I think this is a very smart Idea because it enables you to have a more diverse fleet with maybe even more than 2 avatar specific ships!!! :thumbsup:

I know a ton of questions but since we wait for nearly a year for this big patch I'm curious.

Ill share what i know.

Saber II is now the Okinawa. A klingon mixxed tech ship. it will NOT be in the next patch
What i know about the New Orleans is................. not public knowledge. But i don't know whither it will be in the next patch or not.
Yes there should be new maps to compliment the new playstyle.
Shadow Will be getting new abilitys (its a2 ones really sucked)
Idk about the klingons
For the Borg i think yes but i'm unsure
Profiles are Game wide. all races have them.

I know alot about the coding and certain features of the next
patch. but not much of that would be intresting to you.
posted on October 26th, 2012, 5:17 pm
Ok at least some answers :)

I'm glad that the shadow is getting new abilities!!

Thanks so far!
posted on October 26th, 2012, 5:25 pm
Yep, the New Orleans will be in the next patch as a rare warp-in
We have no plans for the shadow yet, we are just sure that we want to include her.
posted on October 26th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Optec wrote:Yep, the New Orleans will be in the next patch as a rare warp-in
We have no plans for the shadow yet, we are just sure that we want to include her.

Indeed, but what i meant is, you definately (or at least i sincerly hope) your not porting the Original A2 Abilitys. I mean, She Had shield incerter, Psyconic Blast, Holo emitters, and Phase shift. The only one i could really see you guys porting would be the shield inverter, and even then, i'd imagine it would be implemented like the Centuar's Shield Override.

(New abilitys was a total assumption though)
posted on October 27th, 2012, 3:32 am
Optec wrote:Yep, the New Orleans will be in the next patch as a rare warp-in

New Orleans class warp-in....awesome. Making it rare means it hopefully has some decent stats and abilities. Guessin somewhere between Centaur and Nebula.
posted on November 22nd, 2012, 6:08 pm
Im sure its pretty unlikely stock armada 2 specials will be used (gemini was about the stupidest thing i can think of off the top of my head :blink: although for some reason i liked the akiras chain reaction weapon )
If the team has shown one thing, its that they can come up with cool and plausable specials without resorting to flights of fancy and, lets face it... stupid crap!

Really looking forward to seeing new orleans too. Possibly a special involving its extra warp engines like the rare nebula variant, plus something galaxy class-esq. It'd be cool if it felt like a weaker/faster galaxy class

Am i only person who is looking forward to the son'a being a dominion avatar? Insurrection isnt the best film but you've got to like their ships!
posted on November 22nd, 2012, 8:00 pm
Styer Crisis wrote:
Saber II is now the Okinawa.

Is that the Okinawa from SFC/KA, or does it just share the name?
posted on November 27th, 2012, 1:06 am
Squire James wrote:
Styer Crisis wrote:
Saber II is now the Okinawa.

Is that the Okinawa from SFC/KA, or does it just share the name?

Its a Fed/Klingon mixed tech ship. Look in the news posts for it.
posted on November 27th, 2012, 1:51 am
Is there any actual talk about the patch or did the thread meander in some other direction
posted on January 7th, 2013, 10:53 pm
Hi there,

Just a question regarding the upcoming patch v4.x.

As the current project status states: "Better Asteroid fields", "New Wormhole model", "Redo of..." etc.

So may I ask you in what extent you guys are planning to enhance the overall textures of the game?

The pictures always look fantastic, especially those of the 'news section' on this webpage, but the in game pictures are looking not "that" fantastic.

Is there a texture overhaul or something of that kind?

Thanks and keep on working at this wonderful mod. :thumbsup:
posted on January 29th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Stedarsh wrote:Am i only person who is looking forward to the son'a being a dominion avatar? Insurrection isnt the best film but you've got to like their ships!

Ugh........that is an understatement. I don't want anything at all that had to do with that movie polluting this game. I can imagine a "Joystick" special on the Sovereign class that increases mobility for 10 seconds or something. :-\