Mod install Question

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on September 17th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Hi,

i have the standalone version (CD) of my Arma II Game and want to play the "Singleplayer Campaign" with the "Fleet Operation" Grafic.

Can somebody please help me with a proper installation of the mod ?

Iam a greenhorn in the view of working with Mods so please be patient with me :)
posted on September 17th, 2019, 6:44 pm
I'm not sure it's possible. Fleet Operations completely reworks the stock game and removes the campaign. There is a mod for FleetOps that reverts it to stock Armada II (but with the FO engine), but that also includes the graphics.
What you ask for would mean a lot of work, as it would include ship and station models, backgrounds, stellar objects, the GUI and icons... Possible sure, but way too much work.
posted on September 17th, 2019, 9:24 pm
Than how can i play the Campaign with FO engines ?

Do i need two mods than ?
posted on September 18th, 2019, 2:35 am
You can play the Armada 2 campaign through Fleet Operations if you install Fleet Ops, create a folder called "Mods" inside the "Data" folder, and extract the STA2 Classic mod there. I keep a copy of it on my Fleet Ops mediafire account, here:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/y84hff9 ... tion_Files

Playing this way makes it easier to run on newer computers, but it isn't possible to play with Fleet Ops graphics. Also, there are campaign missions that require you to use the Trade menu but the button is missing in STA2 Classic so you have to use the hotkey (I think it's Shift-T or something).
posted on September 19th, 2019, 12:18 am
What is classic mod ?
posted on September 19th, 2019, 5:08 am
First you have Armada 2. It's old and might not run on new computers.

Then you have Fleet Operations. It installs as a separate game but requires the Armada 2 CD in order to install and play. Fleet Operations does not contain the A2 campaign and it doesn't let you play A2 multiplayer.

The Classic mod is something you add on to Fleet Operations and it lets you play the A2 campaign and multiplayer. It's useful if Armada 2 doesn't work on your computer, because it plays Armada 2 inside Fleet Operations.
posted on September 20th, 2019, 2:46 pm
I played Fleet Operations so far and really enjoys it :)

Can i play Multiplayer with Randoms or only with friends ?

And do i need really classic mod for multiplayer ?
posted on October 22nd, 2019, 10:04 am
For mulitiplayer we join the discord or steam chat and arrange them that way via hamachi for lan emulation.