"internal development version" question

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on October 22nd, 2014, 11:53 pm
iv noticed that on the home page the "task tracker" no longer gets updated but it says the "internal development version" is updated all the time. what exactly is the difference? since i would of thought everything is a task to do and there are secrets on the task tracker anyway. anyone have an answer to this? :)
posted on October 23rd, 2014, 12:42 am
The 'task tracker' is not automated - we have to manually adjust tasks for them to be reported.

The 'internal dev. version' automatically reports any changes to our subversion control. I.e. the actual files being changed.

For the time being I have taken a break from adjusting the task tracker, as most tasks do not apply to the "community fun" parts of game development, and it's a lot of work to add tasks as eye-candy. For instance, building physics engine and the countless aspects of weapon parameters aren't as "cool" as reporting a new ship model being finished, etc :). That being said, I have neglected to report all of our voice over work for the past few months :sweatdrop: . Quite a bit of the task tracker is on-hold, with most invisible tasks being relics of the Armada II-FO project. Those will get cleared in the future, once we start reporting on gameplay relevant progress :).

EDIT: adjusted voice over tasks xD
posted on October 23rd, 2014, 8:40 pm
ah, thanks dominus :thumbsup: