Installing the game

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on January 17th, 2018, 1:12 am
Hi,

Is there a way to install the game without having Armada 2 on my computer or having the cd?

Thanks
posted on January 17th, 2018, 6:11 am
That would be impossible for the FleetOps installer NEEDS you to have either an installed copy of Armada II or the CD because it uses files from Armada II or the CD depending on which one you choose. Without out Armada II installed or having the CD you cannot and will not be able to install FleetOps.
posted on January 17th, 2018, 9:07 pm
USSJasmine wrote:That would be impossible for the FleetOps installer NEEDS you to have either an installed copy of Armada II or the CD because it uses files from Armada II or the CD depending on which one you choose. Without out Armada II installed or having the CD you cannot and will not be able to install FleetOps.


That isnt even remotely true, it does not need a2 to be installed and fleet ops does not need any files from it. Everything you need to play fleet ops is included in the install it only asks for the a2 install location for copyright reasons and all you need is the aramda2.exe file to begin the install.




garylozano wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to install the game without having Armada 2 on my computer or having the cd?

Thanks


Yes you can you just need a nocd patch. You dont need an armada 2 install or any files from it.

Locate a nocd key patch doca cola made one a long time ago and simply direct the fleet ops install to the location of that executable when it asks for it and then once fleet ops has installed replace the a2.exe in the fleet ops folder with the nocd a2.exe.

Due to copyright BS i cant give you a link but theres no laws telling me i cant tell you about it and its easy enough to find on google.
posted on January 18th, 2018, 8:11 am
I can prove that FleetOps does use files from the Armada II disk, I could easily screenshot the and identify the files directly from Armada II when I'm actually at my computer.I happen to have tried installing it with the CD crack and it actually failed because it couldn't get the files needed. All due to that simple fact I repurchased the disk years ago and also made a copy of both the FleetOps install after as well as the stock Armada II install that way no disk or FleetOps installation is needed anymore, of course I'm not the only one whose done such a thing and if you know sheet to look online you can find full FleetOps installs without needing to install the game and needing a disc or an Armada II installed.
posted on January 18th, 2018, 10:26 am
USSJasmine wrote:I can prove that FleetOps does use files from the Armada II disk, I could easily screenshot the and identify the files directly from Armada II when I'm actually at my computer.I happen to have tried installing it with the CD crack and it actually failed because it couldn't get the files needed. All due to that simple fact I repurchased the disk years ago and also made a copy of both the FleetOps install after as well as the stock Armada II install that way no disk or FleetOps installation is needed anymore, of course I'm not the only one whose done such a thing and if you know sheet to look online you can find full FleetOps installs without needing to install the game and needing a disc or an Armada II installed.


It uses nothing from the armada 2 disk or install and the devs can confirm that. I have been installing fleet ops the same way since beta using just the nocd patch which is just a single a2 executable all you need to do to install fleet ops is direct the instalation to the location of that file and it installs, everything else is included. If you had problems it was either user error or a bad nocd patch.

Alright ill bite, tell me exactly which files the fleet ops install pulls from the armada 2 installation.
posted on January 18th, 2018, 3:05 pm
eraldo20 wrote:
USSJasmine wrote:I can prove that FleetOps does use files from the Armada II disk, I could easily screenshot the and identify the files directly from Armada II when I'm actually at my computer.I happen to have tried installing it with the CD crack and it actually failed because it couldn't get the files needed. All due to that simple fact I repurchased the disk years ago and also made a copy of both the FleetOps install after as well as the stock Armada II install that way no disk or FleetOps installation is needed anymore, of course I'm not the only one whose done such a thing and if you know sheet to look online you can find full FleetOps installs without needing to install the game and needing a disc or an Armada II installed.


It uses nothing from the armada 2 disk or install and the devs can confirm that. I have been installing fleet ops the same way since beta using just the nocd patch which is just a single a2 executable all you need to do to install fleet ops is direct the instalation to the location of that file and it installs, everything else is included. If you had problems it was either user error or a bad nocd patch.

Alright ill bite, tell me exactly which files the fleet ops install pulls from the armada 2 installation.


First, I am not trying to say you are wrong but at the same time I am going by first hand experience as well as following along with what the installer was doing by reading its text; as I'll explain later on.

For starters, I have noticed that it takes all the Main File directory files that the original Armada II had that the FleetOps Devs didn't include in the installer. This I discovered when I had the game installer directed to a game with only the executable file and no other primary files included for it was a backup copy meant only for the executable that my anti-virus loves occasionally removing as a virus (both the Armada II default and the FleetOps one), these include the Bink Video (bink32.dll), Game Installer Help (gameinstallhelp.dll), and Network Manager and both D3D .dll files. When I tried running the game without them the game said these files were missing one at a time and then after retrieving them it worked.

Also well watching the FleetOps Installer working to install the game it actually stated when it was copying files from the CD and when it wasn't. Not everyone watches the installers to anything working and actually reads the text of what it is currently installing. Just reading it and following along showed what it was and wasn't taking from the Armada II CD. This also sometimes included some Sound Files that were in .wav format.

Its been over two years since the last time I had to use the FleetOps installer and linking it to the CD but that is all from memory what it took. Now if FleetOps only use the executable file or the disc for licensing purposes, explain why it stated it was copying such files.
posted on January 18th, 2018, 4:03 pm
eraldo20 wrote:
USSJasmine wrote:
It uses nothing from the armada 2 disk or install and the devs can confirm that. I have been installing fleet ops the same way since beta using just the nocd patch which is just a single a2 executable all you need to do to install fleet ops is direct the instalation to the location of that file and it installs, everything else is included. If you had problems it was either user error or a bad nocd patch.

Alright ill bite, tell me exactly which files the fleet ops install pulls from the armada 2 installation.


I can confirm this is correct. Honestly, when it looks for the Armada2.exe, simply rename a txt file to that name and it will "detect a legal install" and go ahead and install fleetops. It's how I installed it for my fiancee and she doesn't have an Armada 2 CD or an ISO image etc.
posted on January 19th, 2018, 12:00 pm
USSJasmine wrote:
eraldo20 wrote:
USSJasmine wrote:I can prove that FleetOps does use files from the Armada II disk, I could easily screenshot the and identify the files directly from Armada II when I'm actually at my computer.I happen to have tried installing it with the CD crack and it actually failed because it couldn't get the files needed. All due to that simple fact I repurchased the disk years ago and also made a copy of both the FleetOps install after as well as the stock Armada II install that way no disk or FleetOps installation is needed anymore, of course I'm not the only one whose done such a thing and if you know sheet to look online you can find full FleetOps installs without needing to install the game and needing a disc or an Armada II installed.


It uses nothing from the armada 2 disk or install and the devs can confirm that. I have been installing fleet ops the same way since beta using just the nocd patch which is just a single a2 executable all you need to do to install fleet ops is direct the instalation to the location of that file and it installs, everything else is included. If you had problems it was either user error or a bad nocd patch.

Alright ill bite, tell me exactly which files the fleet ops install pulls from the armada 2 installation.


First, I am not trying to say you are wrong but at the same time I am going by first hand experience as well as following along with what the installer was doing by reading its text; as I'll explain later on.

For starters, I have noticed that it takes all the Main File directory files that the original Armada II had that the FleetOps Devs didn't include in the installer. This I discovered when I had the game installer directed to a game with only the executable file and no other primary files included for it was a backup copy meant only for the executable that my anti-virus loves occasionally removing as a virus (both the Armada II default and the FleetOps one), these include the Bink Video (bink32.dll), Game Installer Help (gameinstallhelp.dll), and Network Manager and both D3D .dll files. When I tried running the game without them the game said these files were missing one at a time and then after retrieving them it worked.

Also well watching the FleetOps Installer working to install the game it actually stated when it was copying files from the CD and when it wasn't. Not everyone watches the installers to anything working and actually reads the text of what it is currently installing. Just reading it and following along showed what it was and wasn't taking from the Armada II CD. This also sometimes included some Sound Files that were in .wav format.

Its been over two years since the last time I had to use the FleetOps installer and linking it to the CD but that is all from memory what it took. Now if FleetOps only use the executable file or the disc for licensing purposes, explain why it stated it was copying such files.


The fleet ops installer has NEVER taken any files from the a2 installation in fact i believe it says you dont need a2 installed to play fleet ops in the games install instructions at least at one time, what ever trouble you had was user error or a bad patch.

Just try it with doca colas nocd patch and youll see you dont need anything and never have. The install simply does a basic check to see if you actually own the game.
posted on January 19th, 2018, 3:22 pm
The fleet ops installer has NEVER taken any files from the a2 installation in fact i believe it says you dont need a2 installed to play fleet ops in the games install instructions at least at one time, what ever trouble you had was user error or a bad patch.

Just try it with doca colas nocd patch and youll see you dont need anything and never have. The install simply does a basic check to see if you actually own the game.


It wasn't user error or a bad patch whatsoever. I 100% followed the INSTALLERS DIRECTIONS! I even ran the installer as an Administrator and directed it to my CD Drive with the Armada II Disc inserted since I only had a modded copy of Armada II and the DIRECTIONS to the INSTALLER stated to use a CLEAN INSTALL OF ARMADA II or the CD when I executed the FleetOps 3.2.7 Installer; downloaded directly from this site in the downloads section; a FRESH download at that and it wasn't corrupted either.

I also have tried it with Doca Cola's NO CD CRACK and the installation failed on multiple occasions for I have installed the game for a few friends and had to always go back and get my disc for the use of the No CD Crack failed every time in installing the game; even when freshly downloading the No CD Crack. And from experience I'd have to guess that is due to the fact that the No CD Crack is Not a VALID Armada II Executable by law.

Though I am done with this conversation for two simple facts: (1) Convincing you are mistaken isn't going to happen especially since maybe you haven't had to install this game on to Windows 10 computers as new computers (which could be the reason; not sure). (2) To prove to you that the Installer DID take files from the Armada II CD would require having to uninstall the game and then waste time reinstalling it just to record the Installer as it installs the game so you can see the text of it taking files from the CD. And currently I don't have any new friends that need Armada II or FleetOps installed on their computers to do that for you. Hence why I am done with this conversation since I know what I have seen with my own two eyes and my own two eyes can't be wrong; so I can't trust that you are right or wrong when my own two eyes show differently on multiple occasions.... Sorry.
posted on January 19th, 2018, 9:09 pm
Last edited by eraldo20 on January 20th, 2018, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
USSJasmine wrote:
The fleet ops installer has NEVER taken any files from the a2 installation in fact i believe it says you dont need a2 installed to play fleet ops in the games install instructions at least at one time, what ever trouble you had was user error or a bad patch.

Just try it with doca colas nocd patch and youll see you dont need anything and never have. The install simply does a basic check to see if you actually own the game.


It wasn't user error or a bad patch whatsoever. I 100% followed the INSTALLERS DIRECTIONS! I even ran the installer as an Administrator and directed it to my CD Drive with the Armada II Disc inserted since I only had a modded copy of Armada II and the DIRECTIONS to the INSTALLER stated to use a CLEAN INSTALL OF ARMADA II or the CD when I executed the FleetOps 3.2.7 Installer; downloaded directly from this site in the downloads section; a FRESH download at that and it wasn't corrupted either.

I also have tried it with Doca Cola's NO CD CRACK and the installation failed on multiple occasions for I have installed the game for a few friends and had to always go back and get my disc for the use of the No CD Crack failed every time in installing the game; even when freshly downloading the No CD Crack. And from experience I'd have to guess that is due to the fact that the No CD Crack is Not a VALID Armada II Executable by law.

Though I am done with this conversation for two simple facts: (1) Convincing you are mistaken isn't going to happen especially since maybe you haven't had to install this game on to Windows 10 computers as new computers (which could be the reason; not sure). (2) To prove to you that the Installer DID take files from the Armada II CD would require having to uninstall the game and then waste time reinstalling it just to record the Installer as it installs the game so you can see the text of it taking files from the CD. And currently I don't have any new friends that need Armada II or FleetOps installed on their computers to do that for you. Hence why I am done with this conversation since I know what I have seen with my own two eyes and my own two eyes can't be wrong; so I can't trust that you are right or wrong when my own two eyes show differently on multiple occasions.... Sorry.


You can continue to reject reality and substitute your own all you like but it doesn't change facts. You admitted to not installing it in a long time so i have no idea why you are so desperately trying to be right. You don't need any files from an a2 install FACT.

Two people have told you the same thing and i unlike you have installed fleet ops recently and again iv only ever used the nocd crack for the install.
posted on January 19th, 2018, 9:54 pm
eraldo20 wrote: You can continue to reject reality and substiture your own all you like but it doesnt change facts. You admitted to not installing it in a long time so i have no idea why you are so desperately trying to be right. You dont need any files from an a2 install FACT.

Two people have told you the same thing and i unlike you have installed fleet ops recently and again iv only ever used the nocd crack for the install.


I am not rejecting reality and substituting it with anything at all. I am going by 100% OBSERVED FACT. And furthermore the last time I installed FleetOps to any computer was last month; as in December 2017. I am going by that recent time of installing the game to another person's computer for them and yet again like I always do watching the Installer at work so that if it fails I know where it failed at; and like usual it was linked to use the Armada II CD in that computer's CD Drive and I watched as it listed what it was doing and what files it WAS taking from the Armada II Disc. The only plausible fact is that its possible that the No CD Crack was made using a Disk originally and all the need files that get installed into the game are included in that crack; for it does the exact same thing when linked to a valid Armada II Install; Lists The Exact Same Files Being Taken From The Disc as well as that install.

Thus if you and Squire James actually been more observant to what the installer was doing and not assuming anything you'd see what I was watching as the game is installed. Apparently though the next I have to install the game for someone else I'll have to take a video of it just to show you exactly what I mean in files being taken from the CD.
posted on January 19th, 2018, 10:13 pm
USSJasmine wrote:
eraldo20 wrote: You can continue to reject reality and substiture your own all you like but it doesnt change facts. You admitted to not installing it in a long time so i have no idea why you are so desperately trying to be right. You dont need any files from an a2 install FACT.

Two people have told you the same thing and i unlike you have installed fleet ops recently and again iv only ever used the nocd crack for the install.


I am not rejecting reality and substituting it with anything at all. I am going by 100% OBSERVED FACT. And furthermore the last time I installed FleetOps to any computer was last month; as in December 2017. I am going by that recent time of installing the game to another person's computer for them and yet again like I always do watching the Installer at work so that if it fails I know where it failed at; and like usual it was linked to use the Armada II CD in that computer's CD Drive and I watched as it listed what it was doing and what files it WAS taking from the Armada II Disc. The only plausible fact is that its possible that the No CD Crack was made using a Disk originally and all the need files that get installed into the game are included in that crack; for it does the exact same thing when linked to a valid Armada II Install; Lists The Exact Same Files Being Taken From The Disc as well as that install.

Thus if you and Squire James actually been more observant to what the installer was doing and not assuming anything you'd see what I was watching as the game is installed. Apparently though the next I have to install the game for someone else I'll have to take a video of it just to show you exactly what I mean in files being taken from the CD.



Image
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron