Hero ships

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on May 12th, 2003, 10:39 am
With the ingenious 10 point system, you have an opportunity to use hero ships. For three or four points, one could bring in the Enterprise, or the Defiant, or some other significantly souped up verison of their class.
posted on May 12th, 2003, 11:29 am
The Federation can warp in vessels using Starfleet Command. I don't liike the idea to have to enterprises fireing at each other (2 federation players..). also the enterprise is nothing else then a sovereign class vessel, which won't cost credits.

The Romulans will be able to build the Tavara Type Warbird, which is a indeed powerful vessel. The Iconians will be able to summon Heros and the Eridians will be able to build a carrier ship to launch a mass of fighters and repair vessels like a yard do. These are all 'hero-like' vessels in the game (in fact what the noxter do with their credits is still undecided)
posted on May 13th, 2003, 7:49 pm
There is probably just cause to suggest that the Enterprise isn't just another Sovereign class ship. Call it the skill of the crew or whatever, but it should be able to out fly and out gun another Sovereign class ship.

I think an Enterprise vs. Mirror Universe Enterprise battle could be very dramatic and a lot of fun.

Is the Tavara the Scimitar?
posted on May 13th, 2003, 8:12 pm
no, the tavara is a new and giant type of warbird. the scimitar won't apear in fleet operations, because it is a reman, and not a romulan vessel and won't be produced in series.
posted on May 13th, 2003, 8:12 pm
the Tavara is infact a modified Valdore Warbird
posted on May 13th, 2003, 9:36 pm
can you have a special section of each race, like section 31 for the federation, tal shiar/remons for the romulans, and some name for the klingons, and make ones up for the other races?
posted on May 13th, 2003, 10:36 pm
... and they could have like a few spiced up ships, with less than legal mods, and they cost credits.
posted on May 14th, 2003, 4:23 am
Hm.. a similar thing could be inclueded by a new feature I'm working on.. let's see if it works ;-)
posted on May 14th, 2003, 3:36 pm
Thus you could only have one or two Scimitars.
posted on May 14th, 2003, 8:08 pm
Hm.. a similar thing could be included by a new feature I'm working on.. let's see if it works ;-)

:) The Tal Shiar Returns!

Maybe the feds section 31 ships cuould not only be spiced up, but have the Hazard Team from ef on them, to kill off crew for easy boarding.
posted on May 15th, 2003, 11:50 pm
THen of course you diviate from the ST line of thinking, particularly that of the Feds. They dont' belive in killing like that. Well....since it'd be on a Section 31 ships, and they don't really HAVE any morals...then I suppose it's still be true to the faith...
posted on May 16th, 2003, 1:21 pm
The idea of choices is interesting. Could you, as the Federation, make a forced choice between a balck-ops capability and something else?

I LOVE the idea of a Hazard Ops team, just for continuity and fun! They might be able to disable weapons on a ship, or plant a bomb (some kind of timed reaction).
posted on May 16th, 2003, 1:37 pm
There won't be Section31 as an playalbe part of the Federation. The most 'illigal' part which will PERHAPS be inclueded is the Star Fleet Intelligence. I'm working on a system, which will allow you to select an admiral at the beginning of the game you want to support. Every Admiral (or special agent) will allow you to build a few different ships or have some special features. This so called subraces will be inclueded for all races (of course the romulans can't support the SF Intelligence, but the Tal'Shiar for example..). I'm actually working on this and hope to get it into beta2
posted on May 17th, 2003, 11:05 pm
oooo remans remans Scimitar i wanna hunt down borg
posted on May 20th, 2003, 11:35 pm
cool, can't wait, sorta like command and conquer generals.