Great work!!

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on May 13th, 2003, 7:48 am
this has to be the best mod yet for a2, its absolutely brilliant, i've only played one game and atleast 3 times while playing i forgot i was not playing a1, this is what STA2 SHOULD have been like. i have a question though, why do so few fed ships not use torpedos (the ones that do look great) ? i would have thought that atleast the nebula and/or akira class would have some types of torpedos?
posted on May 13th, 2003, 8:06 am
The type of a weapon (torpedo, pulse, phaser) defines it's efficency against different sized vessels (look in the info section to learn more about this). therefore some vessels don't have torpedos also they have some in the normal Star Trek universe.. it is just to increase the strategic part in Fleet Operations.
posted on May 13th, 2003, 10:08 am
this has to be the best mod yet for a2, its absolutely brilliant, i've only played one game and atleast 3 times while playing i forgot i was not playing a1, this is what STA2 SHOULD have been like. i have a question though, why do so few fed ships not use torpedos (the ones that do look great) ? i would have thought that atleast the nebula and/or akira class would have some types of torpedos?

hehe, thx
maybe later some fed ships will also have torpedos when balancing between the races allows that

DOCa Cola
posted on May 13th, 2003, 9:39 pm
i agree 100%. and i've installed it in a subfolder and copied a few .dll files and it works and i can still work on my original Armada 2 game! heeeheeeee!
posted on May 13th, 2003, 11:01 pm
another question why do the klingons only get a station bought with credits? i generally love playing the klingons but i find them kinda boreing compared to the feds, they can get cool command and support ships like the galaxy, nebula, and steamrunner, and all the klingons get is a 20 second increase in firepower :hmmm: i still have not evene figured out what the borg spend there credits on.
posted on May 14th, 2003, 1:00 am
borg=transwarp hub=3 transwarp gates
posted on May 14th, 2003, 3:45 am
the credits system is not finished yet, remember this in only a beta, we are open for your suggestions on how to spend the credits

DOCa Cola
posted on May 14th, 2003, 4:05 am
i think anything would be cool that had a bit more of a choice, whats the use of having credits (besides making sure they can't build more than 1 transwarp hub, 3 klingon battle plan stations etc.) if you have no real choice about what to spend them on, the feds can choose from different types of ships, the klingons/borg can only choose to make 1 type of station, maybe you could add a few super research pods to the klingon stations that let you choose from several different good techs (of course make sure that you can't get all of them, to make the choice actually change how you play) you could do the same sorta thing with the borg, and if you wanted variety instead of making them choose a special tech, you could have them choose either the transwaprs hub (very powerful weapon, especially on large maps) and some types of slightly more powerful upgraded regular ships (like a the large type of sphere from endgame that the player could then use instead of regular spheres if he wanted to, or maybe some kind of super weapon that takes along time to build) that way each side has varietions in how they use there points, but still have cool options too (the feds can choose tough support ships, klingons enhacnment weapons and special techs, and borg transwarp hub or enhanced regular ships) this system is similar to what is used on C&C generals, it keeps you on your toes, always wondering what tech the enemey desided to spend his points on, is he going to use paradrops to capture you buildings? or is he going to use a10's to knock out your defenses
it makes the game harder to predict and makes it so your always seeing new strategies people use by getting and mixing certain techs and saying "thats neat never thought of that"
just some ideas
posted on May 14th, 2003, 4:30 am
hm.. yes this is the idea behind the credits system, also the klingons and the borg are not completed in beta 1.1

here are the pssibilities to spend credits:
Federation:
-4 warpin ships

Borg:
-Transwarp gates / Transwarp Hub
-Fusion Cube Research (allowing to fuse 8 Scoutcubes
-Fusion Cube Regeneration (special ability for the Fusion Cube)
-Command Cube Research (allowing to fuse a Cube and a Diamond
-Command Cube Special Ability (not completly decided yet)

Klingons:
-Moq'bara Station (Battle Plan)
-Additional Upgrades (not completly decided yet)

A similar system like credits for a new feature is developed at the moment
But thanks for the options :-) perhaps we will spread the possibility to spend credits.