Future wars models

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2
posted on March 6th, 2017, 4:49 am
ok, found where to put it, in the fleetops_comp sprite. Put it right after steamx1


but, still got an error
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:00 am
As a side question.... Do you know of any other mods that have that coutpost model in them?
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:32 am
If it's that precise model you'd like converting, I can do so for you. Not sure why adding the relevant emitter didn't work. Should have done. Hmmm.

EDIT: Tested it on an ordinary A2 installation. Adding that to the emitter.spr and then loading coutpost.sod in the SOD viewer works. I'll see if I can work out how to make it work for FleetOps
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:46 am
Squire James wrote:If it's that precise model you'd like converting, I can do so for you. Not sure why adding the relevant emitter didn't work. Should have done. Hmmm.

EDIT: Tested it on an ordinary A2 installation. Adding that to the emitter.spr and then loading coutpost.sod in the SOD viewer works. I'll see if I can work out how to make it work for FleetOps


Yeah if you could get it to work in fleetops, that would be awesome.

I don't know if you would want to spend all the time doing it, but I want to use the coutpost and about 3 or 4 other stations, I like those models because they have a ds9 feel to them with the color scheme and the bridge dome on top
posted on March 6th, 2017, 6:10 am
Try putting it in fleetops.spr rather than fleetops_comp.spr. If that doesn't work, i'll get to it in the morning. (testing coutpost.sod specifically)
posted on March 6th, 2017, 6:12 am
Squire James wrote:Try putting it in fleetops.spr rather than fleetops_comp.spr. If that doesn't work, i'll get to it in the morning. (testing coutpost.sod specifically)



I will try that
posted on March 6th, 2017, 6:16 am
I had just found a model of higher quality in borg incursion.


I still at the very least want to use two of the ship yards and the research facilities from future wars
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:00 pm
Putting it into the other sprite file did not make it work in fleet ops
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:10 pm
You may wish to create your mod as a mod of FleetOps, then you can place it in the required files (KA2 has an emitters.spr file for example).

Also doesn't mess up your FleetOps install then if you make a mistake :) (very handy feature)
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:16 pm
so I am just copying the emitter.spr file and putting it into fleetops??

And this won't crash the mod?
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:17 pm
my personal mod is already in fleet ops. I have put the Cardassians in my mod and just wanted to replace the models from future wars


edit: Ok I did that and now I finally see the model. This won't cause problems with the game in the future will it??
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:32 pm
I can't imagine so. You're just adding an emitter entry.
posted on March 6th, 2017, 5:48 pm
Squire James wrote:I can't imagine so. You're just adding an emitter entry.



ok, thank you so much!
1, 2
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest