FO and GOG

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on October 10th, 2021, 3:38 pm
Now that Armada is scheduled to be released on GOG, we have a good chance to somewhat revitalize the game. But as Fleet Ops is basically THE way to play and mod Armada nowadays, there is a question if FO would work with the GOG version of the game. If not, will there be some small patch to fix that?
posted on December 14th, 2021, 1:46 am
Looks like it's been released on GOG, both Armada Games. FO is installed but asking me for my CD, no CD drive on this machine. Sadface.
posted on December 14th, 2021, 7:37 am
Try the nocd patch. Rename the Armada2.exe in it to Armada2.ldl and replace the ldl file in the FO directory.
posted on December 15th, 2021, 11:06 pm
Copy the Armada2.exe from the Gog install folder to a temp location. Change its name to Armada2.ldll . In the fleetops data folder change the name of Armada2.ldl to Armada2.bak. paste the one from the Gog armada 2 folder into the data folder of the fleetops install
posted on December 20th, 2021, 2:37 am
It worked, very well and of course the day after I did it I found my Disk LOL Thank you very much!
posted on December 27th, 2021, 10:59 pm
So I used the above procedure to copy armada2.exe, then copy it to a new location. Then rename it to armada2.ldl and copy that file to Fleet Operations\Data\. I do have an occasional crash.
posted on December 29th, 2021, 3:18 am
Hello world!

I got it working along with my SW:FO mod no problem! Just grabbed the A2.exe from the GOG install and replaced the one in the FO install with it. No crashes or anything on my end. :thumbsup:
posted on January 3rd, 2022, 2:46 am
So where should I instal FO at with GOG? It auto installs to the C drive but my GOG and Game data is on my D drive. I was also wondering if I let it auto install in the STAII directory???
posted on January 3rd, 2022, 12:18 pm
Regarding of playability, it doesn't matter where you install the game.