Current Project Status

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91
posted on September 13th, 2019, 9:00 am
miklosgo wrote:I didn't succeed to run from Linux, the FO 3.2.7 version, using Wine.

Delete the "Armada2.exe" file and then rename the "Armada2.ldl" file to "Armada2.exe"

I think that should be sufficient to get it running on wine. All you will lose by doing that is the memory limit increase (2GB vs 3GB). Armada2.ldl is just the stock exe from Armada 2 v1.1. This is a trick i've used to be able to set the windows memory flag for that executable without actually modifying the stock Armada2.exe.
posted on February 20th, 2020, 11:57 pm
DOCa Cola wrote:We are still on it. The same people that have been working on Fleet Operations for Armada 2 are still around for NX. However, the best thing to do is to not wait for it. It is probably a few more years down the road.

NICE! I have been coming and going, on this website for years and recently seeing this has given me much joy. Is there a possibility of making a news update about this? Not everyone will know that the devs are still active and it would be great to see a change in article away from the "voice of the star empire" news article that we have all been seeing for the past 5 years!

This is my second account on this website (lost my email account) but now I know you guys are still active, expect an incoming donation!
posted on August 7th, 2020, 8:24 am
posted on August 8th, 2020, 10:53 am
We're talking about Doom pace here :lol:
fuckmydick
posted on August 31st, 2020, 5:35 pm
Hey DOCa Cola and team.

Just wanna let you know that you coming here and saying to the people that are waiting and hoping for any news since 2005.

"He guys we are still working on it but don't but it will take years now, so don't wait for it"

That you and your team can go and fuck yourself 8) :thumbsup:
posted on September 1st, 2020, 10:23 am
Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. I hope you understand that i still have to delete your user account since your chosen username is not acceptable.

Next time, don't be a dick
posted on September 1st, 2020, 4:37 pm
I support deleting his post too :thumbsup:
posted on September 17th, 2020, 6:07 am
I don't approve of some of these posts reflecting the childish, selfish and inconsiderate behavior of people that believe they are entitled to it. If you want it faster, go make it yourself. Stop harassing people to do something for you for nothing.

To the devs and moderators, you're all super patient, it's awesome - stay awesome. You made a great standalone mod, you have my full support. Still plenty of fun from Fleetops in the mean time, and a chance to learn all the parameters with modding the game itself.
posted on September 27th, 2020, 6:58 pm
Been following since the beginning, just wanted to say thank you to the team that made this all possible. Still enjoying it after all these years!
posted on October 4th, 2020, 4:30 am
As others have stated, I've been here since the Noxter where around. :p
It's great to know that things are still progressing. I had held hope, but was getting skeptical. Thank you for the faith refreshment.

I am looking forward to the Next Generation!
posted on December 18th, 2020, 11:27 am
There will always be wankerbots its just best to block and kick and dont waste a moment of life dealing with them. Very grateful to the team over all these years. Happy Holidays to everyone.
posted on January 13th, 2021, 1:37 pm
are you just programming the engine?
or are you building a new version of the game on the side?
posted on January 13th, 2021, 1:44 pm
We are building a new game. A direct continuation of the vision we pursued with Armada2-FO.
posted on January 13th, 2021, 1:57 pm
Any ETA on an alpha test? I'M really looking forward to see how the ships look in a new engine.
By the way, it's nice to hear that you're still working on the project.

Oh, and please keep the old SOD model format! It would be such a pain in the neck to convert everything to something completely new... :sweatdrop:
posted on January 13th, 2021, 3:09 pm
Thanks for the answer. I am very happy that you are working on the game. Which would also be cool if I uploaded samples to YouTube. I know it takes time to develop and you still have a private life.
1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91