could it be, that the balance is off

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on October 15th, 2003, 4:30 pm
Last edited by Lt.Cdr.White on October 15th, 2003, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strange thing... could it be, that the balance is off?

Yesterday I played: Noxter (AI hard), Klingon (AI easy) and me.

Before the latest patch I had a hard time against the Noxter (first wave), afterwards they were much weaker.

Yesterday, with the patch, I had more often to do with the Klingons (I whiped them out with 32 ships, no problem). Then I assembled my 2 slightly decimated fleets and the rest of my forces and crushed the Noxter in the first attempt.

Does this only happen, if the maps are supposed for more teams than actually are ingame?

Ok, I know this is not supposed to be in the screenshot thread, but the discussion started here.

I simply don't know, but hard seems not to be hard in all situations. One time it's difficult, one time it's easy. I'm just wondering why.

Edit: Thanks for moving! :)
posted on October 15th, 2003, 4:37 pm
Last edited by DOCa Cola on October 15th, 2003, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-> post moved due too i cleaned up the screenshots thread
posted on October 15th, 2003, 4:47 pm
well, the balance shouldn't bee off.. but the AI is that though on every map..
but i'm still working on the noxter, so you can expect more changes on them in the coming versions, as well as a more stable AI script, which will kill you on every map :lol: just joking ;-)
NieKnight
posted on October 15th, 2003, 7:01 pm
well with me they proberley will
posted on October 19th, 2003, 3:09 pm
(i have experienced something and dont want to start a topic) i dont know if it was your intention but the generix class dreadnought can fire while cloaked ... it could become a balance prob during network play ... it is caused by the Phase AND standard cloak ... both together make it fire while cloaked ... i didnt use the cloak generator ...
posted on October 19th, 2003, 3:11 pm
oh, that's not planed. thx, i will look at it
posted on October 19th, 2003, 3:16 pm
the phase cloak should use less spec energy (these 2o at beginning are to much ) you can hardly go through some bigger fields ... and therefor there should be no standard cloak ... just a suggestion ...(the prob would be fixed then )