Can I play the story mode with Fleetop upgrades>?

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on January 13th, 2013, 8:37 pm
And how do I do this?
posted on January 13th, 2013, 9:14 pm
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Fleet Operations has no campaign mode - we are exclusively a skirmish and online multiplayer game currently :).
posted on January 13th, 2013, 10:12 pm
So there is no way to play the original story from armada 2?
I thought someone said there was a mod to let you play the original mod with your graphic updates?

Good work btw on the changes! Love it
posted on January 13th, 2013, 10:49 pm
That you can do with the A2 Classic Mod: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-ar ... a2-classic

Just extract and place in your Fleet Operations/data/mods folder. Run via Fleet Operations -> settings ->mod settings :)
posted on January 13th, 2013, 11:06 pm
Ya I tried that.
Weird thing is that there is no mod folder in the Fleet ops folder. :(
And in settings there is no mod option.

I DLed the most recent Fleetops. Did I install wrong or something?
posted on January 13th, 2013, 11:08 pm
under the data folder I have
addon
ai
bitmaps
bzn
misc
shaders
sod
sounds
sprites
techtree
textures

Does it go in one of these?
posted on January 13th, 2013, 11:11 pm
You have to create the 'mods' folder. Then in options menu you will be able to access any mods you put in that folder.
posted on January 13th, 2013, 11:14 pm
O ok thanks. Can I just create it under the data folder?
posted on January 13th, 2013, 11:16 pm
Nevermind thanks guys figured it out.
Too bad I was hoping to play WITH the fleetops upgrades in graphics and such though.

Its just the original game. O man does it look horrid compared to Fleetops lol
posted on January 13th, 2013, 11:44 pm
Well, there is (was?) a project to recreate the A1 missions in FO, though I don't know if it's got anywhere past mission 1.
posted on January 13th, 2013, 11:53 pm
If I had the tools I would do all new missions.
Got tons of time. But I am no programmer
posted on January 14th, 2013, 2:05 am
Hehe, indeed - we are not sure if we will ever port Fleet Operations graphics to an A2 Classic Mod. It's a lot of work for us, and we don't have every A2 design in Fleet Operations :) .

The tools for mission modding are available on the guide, here: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... ission-mod

However, it does take a bit of effort to understand :sweatdrop:
posted on January 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:

Heh. Nice understatement. :P

What you need is lua. It's a great language and really not hard to learn (compared to others). However, scripting new missions does require some advanced (for newbs :)) programming knowledge. For example, the first A1 mission uses a FSM, which requires you to know how to code and use them. This may be super easy or way too hard for you, depending on your skills. (Unless, of course, you shamelessly copypaste. Then you won't be able to debug tho, since you don't know what you did anyway.)
posted on January 22nd, 2013, 4:13 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Hehe, indeed - we are not sure if we will ever port Fleet Operations graphics to an A2 Classic Mod. It's a lot of work for us, and we don't have every A2 design in Fleet Operations :) .

The tools for mission modding are available on the guide, here: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... ission-mod

It wouldn't be hard to get started though. It's easy enough to rename SODs and copy and paste sprites.
As for missing designes, yeah, you'd have to recreate those.