Beta Testers for the newest version of my mod.

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2
posted on August 25th, 2018, 2:45 am
I am going to be releasing a newer version of my mod, The Dominion war mod. I've added some new features and fixed up some other things.

If interested please give me your e-mail in a private message. I'm looking for around 5-10 people that can do this for me.

I'm hoping for the beta test to last just 3-4 weeks as there shouldn't be any errors.
posted on August 25th, 2018, 4:41 am
good news Picard, count me in.
posted on August 31st, 2018, 5:00 pm
Bumping the thread for visibility!

I'm helping test the mod, does anyone want to play on Evolve sometime?
posted on September 1st, 2018, 11:10 pm
Hey, I'd love to play it with you Tryptic. I just need to install evolve and I'm good to go. But before we start, you should know that I have kinda obsolete PC (that's due to my currently poor financial status) and when lot of stuff is going on on the map it starts to lag a bit. It is not that bad, just a bit annoying. I'll try to tone down graphics settings a bit and perhaps that'll do it.
posted on September 6th, 2018, 12:16 pm
Hey picard! I just got an idea for one more ship if it is not too late of course. It is a canon ship and would be ideal for Picard's strategic support. I'm talking about Galaxy X or better known as 3-nacelled Galaxy from TNG finale. It would be good addition to Picard's arsenal and it is only ship that would have that big phaser cannon available for use. Think about it.
posted on September 8th, 2018, 12:19 am
Doctor Rush wrote:Hey picard! I just got an idea for one more ship if it is not too late of course. It is a canon ship and would be ideal for Picard's strategic support. I'm talking about Galaxy X or better known as 3-nacelled Galaxy from TNG finale. It would be good addition to Picard's arsenal and it is only ship that would have that big phaser cannon available for use. Think about it.

I'm pretty much done with adding anything more to the game. Also that enterprise was from an alternate timeline in the future, it wouldn't really make much sense in the DS9 theme I was aiming for with the game.
posted on September 13th, 2018, 11:46 pm
True. I just thought it might be cool in game. I guess I'll just add one myself if that's even possible of course.
posted on September 25th, 2018, 3:17 am
Anyone else? I want to do at least 3-4 weeks of testing before finally releasing it on Moddb.
posted on September 25th, 2018, 8:19 pm
Count me in if you're still looking for volunteers.

I like your addition of Federation Fighters. I was wondering if you will be able to build a group, say of about 10 that are linked as a unit, instead of building them one by one. They attack in groups so I thought that might be easier than individual fighters. Also, I was thinking that the Maquis raider (a Federation design) would be a cool addition since they're larger and more powerful than the typical Federation Fighter used in the Dominion War.
posted on September 25th, 2018, 8:57 pm
dwing wrote:Count me in if you're still looking for volunteers.

I like your addition of Federation Fighters. I was wondering if you will be able to build a group, say of about 10 that are linked as a unit, instead of building them one by one. They attack in groups so I thought that might be easier than individual fighters. Also, I was thinking that the Maquis raider (a Federation design) would be a cool addition since they're larger and more powerful than the typical Federation Fighter used in the Dominion War.

Sounds like a good idea, but I am not a modeler and would not be able to make such a things.
posted on September 26th, 2018, 3:01 pm
Alright I have just played with Cardassians and noticed a problem. Kulinor class has no sound/voice at all.
Also, Romulans have 2 exact same defense battery build buttons. Otherwise everything works great so far.
posted on September 26th, 2018, 10:04 pm
Doctor Rush wrote:Alright I have just played with Cardassians and noticed a problem. Kulinor class has no sound/voice at all.
Also, Romulans have 2 exact same defense battery build buttons. Otherwise everything works great so far.

Romulans have 2 exact same defense battery build buttons. - That has nothing to do with what I did, that is originally from Fleetops.

I'll look into the Kulinor ship.

Thanks for the heads up.
posted on September 27th, 2018, 1:37 am
Doctor Rush wrote:Alright I have just played with Cardassians and noticed a problem. Kulinor class has no sound/voice at all.

Fixed the Kulinor
posted on September 27th, 2018, 2:53 pm
No problem. Maybe one of those Romulan defense battery build buttons can be removed so it isn't confusing anymore and taking up space.

Anyways, there's still one more thing that bothers me. Picard, Sisko, Martok, Gowron...their ship have their voiceovers which is great, but some of other hero ships don't. I believe that to be Damar, Gul Dukat and Weyoun. It would be much cooler if they had their own voiceovers too. I believe some good lines from DS9 could be used for that.

Second, if you'd like I have an idea how to make an interesting campaign. Ok, I'm not that much good in programming, but some time ago I made few missions for Zero Hour Generals game. However, the thing I am great is writing good stories and giving some ideas how missions should look like.

For example mission 1 - The Jem'Hadar:

You are starting only with DS9, Galaxy class (USS Odyssey) and 2 runabouts. Your mission is to save Sisko's runabout in Gamma quadrant using only those 3 ships, and bring it do DS9. So you would take those 3 ships through the wormhole which is next to DS9, and which would bring you to Gamma quadrant. I know that it can't be done by switching maps, so let's say DS9 and mentioned wormhole would be at one corner of a huge map, and other (Gamma quadrant) wormhole would be somewhere in the middle of the map right behind a huge asteroid field which would serve as a barrier for gamma quadrant space. Once you get through that wormhole, your mission would be to avoid patrols of various Jem'Hadar ships and stations in order to get to Sisko's runabout which is guarded by let's say 3 or 5 Jem'Hadar attack ships (depending on game difficulty). You would obviously have to eliminate those. And once you do this you'd have to quickly go back, because Dominion ships would now start to follow you and try to destroy you. Finally when you get Sisko's runabout to DS9 (ships you are starting with can be lost) then that mission is over.

Mission 2 - The Search:

You must take Defiant to a Founder's homeworld. The mission would start similar to the previous one with difference of beginning only with Defiant already inside Gamma quadrant, or in this case in one corner of the map. You have ability to go cloaked and in order to pass to a Founder's planet without being detected by Jem'Hadar ships you would have to set all AI functions to minimum levels as well as ship status to green alert. However, even then you would have to avoid direct passing by Dominion ships otherwise they would detect you and start firing at you. To make it even more interesting, on harder difficulty settings, if they even detect Defiant mission would be failed. Once you manage to arrive to Founder's planet, mission would be complete.

Mission 3 - In Purgatory's Shadow:

In this one you would have at start available DS9, Defiant and a runabout. You'd have to send runabout in Gamma quadrant and go through the nebula there in order to get to a location of distress call. However, once in nebula you'd end up running in Dominion fleet and your runabout would be captured by them. Now instead of trying to capture runabout back, you'd have to send Defiant in Gamma quadrant and go around the nebula under cloak in order to avoid detection by aforementioned fleet. Once you get around nebula you'd find there an shielded asteroid which is used as Dominion prison. Then you should decloak and fire long enough at asteroid until its shields go down. Then you would have to use transporters in other to get rescue your people from there. Once that is taken care of you would have to go again quickly to wormhole and DS9 under cloak, while running away from incoming Dominion fleet. And when Dominion fleet gets through wormhole too you'd have to take them using only DS9, Defiant and runabouts.

Mission 4 - Call to Arms:

Again you start with DS9, Defiant, runabouts and this time with Martok's BOP too. While you are using Defiant to set mines in front of wormhole, Dominion-Cardassian combined fleet is on its way to you. Once they get to you, you build as many runabouts as you can and keep Martok's ship cloaked, but ready to fire when Jem'Hadar's attack ship head for Defiant. Before you can complete mission Defiant must set certain number of mines, and once that is done, you must take both it and Martok's BOP to Federation-Klingon combined fleet located somewhere on the other edge of map where you would prepare for final confrontation with Dominion forces. Once all of the attacking ship are eliminated and both Sisko's Defiant and Martok's BOP survive mission would be successful.

All in all, it would be more interesting if we could play such campaign. I'll try to do one mission once your beta is over and you release your last version of mod. If it ends up well, I'll do more of them then.
posted on September 27th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Doctor Rush wrote:No problem. Maybe one of those Romulan defense battery build buttons can be removed so it isn't confusing anymore and taking up space.

Anyways, there's still one more thing that bothers me. Picard, Sisko, Martok, Gowron...their ship have their voiceovers which is great, but some of other hero ships don't. I believe that to be Damar, Gul Dukat and Weyoun. It would be much cooler if they had their own voiceovers too. I believe some good lines from DS9 could be used for that.

Second, if you'd like I have an idea how to make an interesting campaign. Ok, I'm not that much good in programming, but some time ago I made few missions for Zero Hour Generals game. However, the thing I am great is writing good stories and giving some ideas how missions should look like.

For example mission 1 - The Jem'Hadar:

You are starting only with DS9, Galaxy class (USS Odyssey) and 2 runabouts. Your mission is to save Sisko's runabout in Gamma quadrant using only those 3 ships, and bring it do DS9. So you would take those 3 ships through the wormhole which is next to DS9, and which would bring you to Gamma quadrant. I know that it can't be done by switching maps, so let's say DS9 and mentioned wormhole would be at one corner of a huge map, and other (Gamma quadrant) wormhole would be somewhere in the middle of the map right behind a huge asteroid field which would serve as a barrier for gamma quadrant space. Once you get through that wormhole, your mission would be to avoid patrols of various Jem'Hadar ships and stations in order to get to Sisko's runabout which is guarded by let's say 3 or 5 Jem'Hadar attack ships (depending on game difficulty). You would obviously have to eliminate those. And once you do this you'd have to quickly go back, because Dominion ships would now start to follow you and try to destroy you. Finally when you get Sisko's runabout to DS9 (ships you are starting with can be lost) then that mission is over.

Mission 2 - The Search:

You must take Defiant to a Founder's homeworld. The mission would start similar to the previous one with difference of beginning only with Defiant already inside Gamma quadrant, or in this case in one corner of the map. You have ability to go cloaked and in order to pass to a Founder's planet without being detected by Jem'Hadar ships you would have to set all AI functions to minimum levels as well as ship status to green alert. However, even then you would have to avoid direct passing by Dominion ships otherwise they would detect you and start firing at you. To make it even more interesting, on harder difficulty settings, if they even detect Defiant mission would be failed. Once you manage to arrive to Founder's planet, mission would be complete.

Mission 3 - In Purgatory's Shadow:

In this one you would have at start available DS9, Defiant and a runabout. You'd have to send runabout in Gamma quadrant and go through the nebula there in order to get to a location of distress call. However, once in nebula you'd end up running in Dominion fleet and your runabout would be captured by them. Now instead of trying to capture runabout back, you'd have to send Defiant in Gamma quadrant and go around the nebula under cloak in order to avoid detection by aforementioned fleet. Once you get around nebula you'd find there an shielded asteroid which is used as Dominion prison. Then you should decloak and fire long enough at asteroid until its shields go down. Then you would have to use transporters in other to get rescue your people from there. Once that is taken care of you would have to go again quickly to wormhole and DS9 under cloak, while running away from incoming Dominion fleet. And when Dominion fleet gets through wormhole too you'd have to take them using only DS9, Defiant and runabouts.

Mission 4 - Call to Arms:

Again you start with DS9, Defiant, runabouts and this time with Martok's BOP too. While you are using Defiant to set mines in front of wormhole, Dominion-Cardassian combined fleet is on its way to you. Once they get to you, you build as many runabouts as you can and keep Martok's ship cloaked, but ready to fire when Jem'Hadar's attack ship head for Defiant. Before you can complete mission Defiant must set certain number of mines, and once that is done, you must take both it and Martok's BOP to Federation-Klingon combined fleet located somewhere on the other edge of map where you would prepare for final confrontation with Dominion forces. Once all of the attacking ship are eliminated and both Sisko's Defiant and Martok's BOP survive mission would be successful.

All in all, it would be more interesting if we could play such campaign. I'll try to do one mission once your beta is over and you release your last version of mod. If it ends up well, I'll do more of them then.

Damar, I couldn't find any VO's on the internet.

As far as Dukat, and Weyoun they have voice overs when you play as them outside the dominion alliance. For some reason they don't work in the Dominion Alliance. I will try to figure why not and fix it.

Is it even possible to do single player missions? I would love it if it is possible. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.
1, 2