Self-defined Command Makros

Post ideas and suggestions on new features or improvements here.
posted on August 5th, 2013, 8:18 pm
The idea is quite simple :

Press a certain keykombo ( for example ALT + F1 ) to record.

Now, whatever you do, is not carried out, but stored under the key ( here: F1 ).

When you are finished, its ESCAPE , for instance.

Whenever you press F1 from this time forward, the entire Makro is carried out.
You can plan eventualities in advance, you can pepare for larger operations and you can ease up some unpleasant micro in some situations.

Examples:
- Trigger the construction of 6 new specific vessels in a specific yard.
- Order all selected units to cloak and head for repair yard ( Cntr+C is unfreindly to fingers )
- Order a number of movement orders ( move entire fleets into attack positions )
- Order another number of movement orders ( pull back entire fleets to guard vital positions around base )
- set rallying points for a number of yards.
- give resources to an ally.
- send prefabricated messages ( if you are not on teamspeak by chance )
- and so on.
posted on August 5th, 2013, 8:46 pm
Interesting idea, I did something like that by programming the mouse wheel to cloak, send to repair and send a ship to a predetermined group but it failed sometimes, don't know because of Fleet Ops or the mouse software.

However, it would be very hard to implement exactly what you want IMO.

Oh! and welcome to the forum! :P :thumbsup:
posted on August 5th, 2013, 9:01 pm
I use mouse buttoms too, in my experience it takes longer to execute comand from mouse , between 1 up to 2 seconds.

its more comfortable, but slower. and when i try to use SHIFT + R , my mouse software gives me capital or normal "R" , depending on capslock status, and never takes combination "SHIFT+R".

Is it posible to make fleetops programable set of comands ? like in other games, where any game action can be set for diferent key.
posted on August 5th, 2013, 9:55 pm
With Microsoft mouse software is possible to set a macro for app, and to solve the issue SHIFT + R just insert a pause of 3 milliseconds between the two commands.
posted on August 5th, 2013, 10:04 pm
there is third party software available for macros.

autohotkey and jitbit are two of them.

they can automate any mouse/keyboard input.

most of the suggestions in the op are a bit too much for this, though. and would have to be implemented in fleetops itself.

prefabbed messages in the chat box is easy enough for a macro. but teamspeak is always better.
posted on August 6th, 2013, 1:20 pm
mouse buttons are not the same, command makros do not necessarily require affected units to be selected first.
Perhaps "macro" is a bad word for it.

"Command Sets" is more general.
posted on August 7th, 2013, 9:28 am
I have experimented with macros controlled by different software. The problem with them is the interface, in laggy games you simply can't send two commands at the same time (or with a 3ms delay). The game recognises a command, carries it out, and only then accepts new input. A simple macro for cloak (ctrl+c) and priority repair (shift+r) with a delay between commands of up to 300ms or even more is still not sufficient to actually carry out both commands. This does work if there is little lag or the game is in singleplayer.
posted on August 7th, 2013, 10:45 am
i put cloak and priority repair on separate mouse buttons.

then i can "feel" if it has been long enough for the priority repair order to actually be accepted. There's no indication when it accepts that order. you have to try give it other orders and see if it ignores them.
posted on August 7th, 2013, 3:46 pm
Myles wrote:prefabbed messages in the chat box is easy enough for a macro.

But I can testify that it does require some modification for AutoHotkey to work in-game. I haven't modified my autocorrector(and I'm not going to) so a lot of missspelled things that I misspell in game usually look like "freindlfriendly"