Charged Shot Ability with Torpedo Turrets

Post ideas and suggestions on new features or improvements here.
posted on July 8th, 2013, 1:42 pm
I had some ideas, mainly because cube ships annihilate defense turrets so quickly with the Federation. It is to have an enhanced temporary defense ability on Federation turrets, and with a minute cool down or something. And also, to make cubes a little easier with turrets; by making a more powerful torpedo shot that takes of a lot of damage, like say 150 or something. But can only be fired every minute manually. They could both have to be researched of course.
posted on July 8th, 2013, 11:24 pm
Federation turrets are plenty powerful enough as is, I really don't see a good reason to add to their capabilities.
posted on July 9th, 2013, 10:48 am
terrible idea when feds have some of the best turrets, especially the torpedo turret!

It seems like you must play the AI as if you play real humans you will rarely see a cube in a game, and if you do then you should hopefully have a fleet to battle it!

Fleetops is not designed for AI bashers or AI games, it just can't play a human. It is balanced for human to human online play!

P.S. if you want to see rubbish turrets against a cube, play romulans against the ai and build some turrets but i'll some you are an AI basher who goes fed so have no idea how strong they are compared to other races. Your idea would balance terribly against any other race
posted on July 10th, 2013, 12:10 am
I wouldn't call FO a non AI bash game, my buddy and I always play AI bash games together against several merciless AI to see if we can win or not, and we have a good time with it, especially if you do it without building massive turret walls. And I totally agree, its not even close to playing against a human, but it can be plenty of fun in its own way. Set it on a larger map and see how many merciless you can take out.
posted on July 10th, 2013, 12:11 pm
eurghhhhhhhhhhhhh you totally missed my point, whether or not you have fun playing the AI is irrelevant, my point was the is balanced for human vs human and in that situationhis idea is stupid, it is also stupid vs every other race as you could pretty much one shot a neghvar and so on... that is why AI bashers like his self shouldnt post suggestions. his viewpoint is limited, his strategies are limited and so is his understanding of the game.
posted on July 10th, 2013, 1:18 pm
redmanmark86 wrote:that is why AI bashers like his self shouldnt post suggestions. his viewpoint is limited, his strategies are limited and so is his understanding of the game.

take it easy, the last thing a community should do so try to tell some of its members that they should be silent. everyone is welcome on this forum, not just those who play like the older louder members.
posted on July 10th, 2013, 10:57 pm
redmanmark86 wrote:eurghhhhhhhhhhhhh you totally missed my point, whether or not you have fun playing the AI is irrelevant, my point was the is balanced for human vs human and in that situationhis idea is stupid, it is also stupid vs every other race as you could pretty much one shot a neghvar and so on... that is why AI bashers like his self shouldnt post suggestions. his viewpoint is limited, his strategies are limited and so is his understanding of the game.

No I didn't miss your point, if you look at my first post I already stated my opinion on changing the turrets and I also stated the game was not at all the same when playing against a human opponent.

I think you missed MY point, which was in response to your comment about FO not being a AI bash friendly game, which I believe It can be quite fun.

You should maybe chill out a little and actually READ the post before you start getting all irate over nothing. And telling people that they should not post ideas because they don't play PVP matches is a pretty narrow minded view. Disagree if you want, but telling them to not pose ideas whatsoever is just rude.